LaunchBox Community Forums

M.U.G.E.N What is it and how do I play it.

natemac00

2 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

Looks really cool. Love the way you select characters. I olso like the bezel, but I don't know how to turn it on. I just get black borders. Could you please tell me how to enable the bezel?

12 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

If you want to enable Reshade, go into the ZombsReshade subfolder and start "Enable.bat". "Disable.bat" turns it off. It's setup to use my own bezel which is designed for 1920x1080. If you're using something else you'd want to disable the overlay and the aspect ratio passes.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone experience with ikemen go? 

I want to build up my fighting world with four human players, but i have some problems there. I tried to copy the mugen screenpack "legacy reborn" over the newest ikemen go. It worked, but: 

1. I can setup all controllers in the options menue. But in Tag mode, i can only play with two controllers and 2 AI. In the fresh downloaded ikemen go engine without screenpack, i can play with all four controllers without setting anything up! Is there a way to fix it or maybe something to setting up?

2. In the character selection menue, i can not see all of the selected characters and options of the modes (like simul/Tag). Looks like the screen is cut on the left and right side. My resolutions is the same of windows in fullscreen mode (sitting on a tv). I tried all resolutions and a few custom ones.. nothing worked. 

I hope anyone can help, because it is hard to find anything about that.

On 1/29/2021 at 2:23 AM, Zombeaver said:

Alright, here it is. If you want to enable Reshade, go into the ZombsReshade subfolder and start "Enable.bat". "Disable.bat" turns it off. It's setup to use my own bezel which is designed for 1920x1080. If you're using something else you'd want to disable the overlay and the aspect ratio passes.

It has a "Loading..." intro when it starts but you can skip it by pressing Esc. Be aware that the first time you start it, it will take a while to load to the title screen because it has a lot of data to cache. It will seem like it's frozen but it's not. It should start quickly on subsequent launches until you restart.

You select characters by moving up and down the character selection screen to different categories and then pressing left or right. Until you press left or right, it'll select a random character if you press a button. Once you've pressed left or right to see characters in a section, you'll need to move back to the starting position (it circles around whether you go left or right; when it starts flipping through characters randomly you're back to the starting position) before moving up or down to a different category.

This may seem a little odd add first but you'll get used to it. The alternative to this is what you see in a lot of M.U.G.E.N. setups - a gigantic grid of characters that's a complete mess with tiny character icons. I much prefer this.

552924485_Winmugen2021-01-2820-28-24.thumb.png.9a6a5ccf96ba72ab67d04730cf7058fd.png

Thanks for sharing this ^^