LaunchBox Community Forums

Option to use words like "The" or "A"

JOHN30011887

Iv mentioned this on a few live streams since launchbox version 6.9 but thought id make topic here

id love for an option to come back so games like "The witcher 3" or "The sims 4" can be in alphabetical order under "THE" and not under W or S etc.

As you can see the games that start with "THE" arnt in the correct order

AJpebWn.png

Sort title is the only way to get the games to go under "THE", but if i put in sort title "THE SIMS 4", it will then move to S and ignore THE.

Its the same for the other games starting with "THE"

ozV5BlG.png

Please can this be looked into :)

Edited by JOHN30011887

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2017 at 7:15 PM, Darkcloud said:

I would say the best option would be a list where you can add the words you would like to ignore. 

This is the right idea. This would even help with mid-title article sorting (for instance: Paper Mario: *The* Thousand-Year Door).

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 11:15 PM, Darkcloud said:

I would say the best option would be a list where you can add the words you would like to ignore. 

Yeah or a simple box to tick/toggle where you choose if you want to ignore or not ignore words like A or The

I recently got the game "A Hat in Time"

it should be under "A" but instead it was under "H"

Hope this can get looked at for version 8, been so long with this (since version 6.9)

Edited by JOHN30011887