LaunchBox Community Forums

Difficult Systems to Set Up

Colpipes78

Over the course of the last few weeks I have been setting up various systems that have become more difficult to set up. It started with the Daphne and Laser Disk game thenTaito Type X which led all the way to Sega Ring Edge . The Sega Ring Egde is started by Launchbox which then triggers Rocketlauncher and the fade screen/ bezel which in turn opens up Game Launcher RH to set the resolution and graphic enhancemnets finally using Parrot Launcher to open the game and implement controls. Not an easy process at all to get right.

So it got me thinking what difficult and obscure  systems has the Launchbox community set up ?

• Haha 1

Yeah the tools in RL really belong in a front end. I couldn't do a lot of things via front end simply because I lack the skills and/or don't know how to implement things. RL makes it so people like me can still get some cool stuff to work that we wouldn't have been able to otherwise. The day when some of those key features can become integrated with the front end will be glorious.  Because a front end really should help you fully launch your game without having to know obscure tricks and write scripts and stuff.  LB should just employ the RL staff lol.  

Edited by damageinc86
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...