LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot import a game into Dreamcast with Scan for added roms

rwprime

Sorry if I'm doing this incorrectly. I cannot import the game, San Francisco Rush 2049 (USA).cdi into Dreamcast using Scan for added roms when Dreamcast is highlighted or All. I even quit LaunchBox and restarted. I also went and got another rom with a different size, from a different place. Also, just a heads up, the game Edge which is a PSP game continually pops up as MotorStorm: Artcic Edge in the PSP Platform. I had to really jump through some hoops to straighten that one out. I had to right-click all the 'Arctic' images one by one and click remove (making sure I was on Edge.iso and not the Arctic iso). It's a cute little game :) Oh, someone might say well, that SF rush game in Dreamcast is probably under something else with just a different image - go Tools > Audit > Dreamcast. I did that and it's not there and everything else is accounted for. It's just not there nor in the Dreamcast Platform view.

Have you set the correct file path to the Dreamcast rom?   When scanning for added roms, it will default to looking at the launchbox folder.   If your ROMs are elsewhere you will need to change the path first.

Tools ---> Manage Platforms ---> Select Dreamcast and then EDIT ---> Click on folders tab.   First option should be "games", now just browse to your rom folder.

Now you can use the "scan for added roms" feature.   

sasquatch or anyone, I have another dumb, noob question; so you can start BigBox while in LaunchBox with Ctrl + b, but why can't you toggle back to LB from BB? I hit x and that quits everything. I've looked on a lot of the noob forum posts here and no one ever even asks the question - How do you go from BigBox to LaunchBox?   And where is a simple Manual or FAQ or Getting Started? I'll bet I've watched over a hundred hours of LB tutorials (many more than three times). I have 20 platforms, 5.5K games and I'm still a noob because of the lack of these.

Edited by rwprime

Thanks guys. Yes it would be nice to have a keyboard toggle (ctrl+b would work). I must be getting senile. I'll be 72 in three weeks and now that you mention Options, I did see that entry once and forgot... either that or Desktop means exactly that to me and I never tried it because I didn't want to go to the Desktop - I wanted to go to LB. OK, I just tried it and it does totally quit BB/LB, goes to the Desktiop and then starts LB. If Jason didn't do it up until now, it must be a .NET quirk, but, maybe we should tell Jason anyway or add it to the to-do list / wish list for his weekly betas - there's a name for that list that escapes me at the moment. Some may find it boring, but I actually enjoy watching him program (how he thinks). He's an amazing guy in my book. I also think there should be a 'Back' button in the requesters when working with roms and emulaters. I never saw that arrow pointing left at the top /left of the requester until a couple of days ago and I've had LB for a while now. I've got a lot of time in with it in fact. Anyway, thanks again.   Richard