LaunchBox Community Forums

After Updating The Cache Has To Be Repopulated

Robin55

Back again with another issue. :(

BigBox had been working great for me lately and I have now realized it was because I had not updated it in a while due to there having been no new Betas for a while. A new Beta was released yesterday and as soon as I updated all cover flow images had to load again and if I go to the "Force Populate" option in the menu it starts from scratch where before the update it was it was showing a quick green loading screen since everything was populated. I realize now this has been a major problem for me for a long time so Is this a known issue? it would suck if I had to constantly repopulate after every update as I have a massive library and I have to leave BigBox populating over night.....

Hmm, that's pretty strange. The cache shouldn't need to be repopulated between versions; it uses the same file names so I don't follow. There must be something different going on that we're not identifying correctly. The only possibility with updates is if the code was changed in how the cache works between updates, but I haven't changed that code for a while. My versions change constantly though in my personal collection due to development and I don't run into this, so somehow we're missing something.

Hi Jason! This has defiantly been a problem with my setup for a long time. I really like checking out the new Betas but having to repopulate the cache is a pain. But you say this is not a common issue. so I don't know what could be causing it. I'll repopulate again and wait for the next Beta and let you know how I got on.

I think I may know what's happened here. I changed the cover flow quality from medium to it's highest quality setting and this seems to erase the cache and it starts building from scratch. Also the cache becomes considerably larger after I repopulated it last night.