LaunchBox Community Forums

Movies big box issue

dewe64y

32 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That could be related to the resolution of the monitor you are running.

@dewe64y: Retro808 is on the right track. It's probably related to the aspect ratio of your screen -- is it 21:9 (?); it looks like a super widescreen. I designed the theme for 16:9, but I can probably make the video position adapt to different aspect ratios such as 21:9. Please let me know.

• Like 1

yes it's a 21/9 screen  3440*1440 .

But why when i change resolution to 1680*1050 or 1920*180 it's the same?i will test on other screen in 2 hour and i will see.

1920*1080:

59db98dd7d48d_Sanstitre.thumb.jpg.83ef125ab39848fc840503661e45123b.jpgcan you adapt video for a screen in 16/10 please?it's for my bartop who have a samsung 22 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dewe64y said:

ok i've testing on a 22 inch at 1680*1024 and it's exactly the same problem.i don't understand.and the problem is for all the themes.not just Nostalgia

Thanks for doing some more testing. Interesting it happens for all other themes -- even the default theme? Would you please post a screenshot from another theme showing this problem?

1 minute ago, dewe64y said:

sorry it's an error .that's finally ok for the other theme after a reboot.the problem is just for nostalgia.

Gotcha, that makes more sense. It's a bug in Nostalgia then. I'll look into a solution and let you know when I have an update for you to test.

@dewe64y: So far I've not been able to reproduce this problem, though I only have a 16:9 monitor for testing. I changed the resolution around a bit, but even at 800:600 (4:3) it still aligns the video properly. Can you do some more testing? Make a small change to PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml in the theme's Views folder -- activate VideoPositionDebug by setting it to True

<aop:AutopathVideoLooperFramed FramePathRoot="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Nostalgia/Views/Images/AVLF/" 
     VideoPathUnderlay="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Nostalgia/Views/Images/static.mp4"
     VideoPositionDebug="True" VideoPosition="0,0,0,0" AllowFallbackRandom="True" />

This debug flag creates a green overlay for the positioning, as follows:

PlatWheelDebug.thumb.jpg.e32fec1cc17eadea59cd83cfd1adc0e1.jpg1. Please send some screenshots of how this green debugging overlay looks on your monitor.

2. If the alignment looks okay per #1, please try testing with both video engines: VLC and WMP.

Make sure you're testing with the latest version of the theme 0.97a.

14 hours ago, dewe64y said:

screen in 1680*1050 on a 22 inch with this command on true:

Okay thanks. It's obviously not positioning the green boxes correctly. This is not a problem due to the screen aspect ratio or resolution; it is something else. Would you please?

1. Zip and send me the copy of the Nostalgia theme you currently have in LaunchBox\Themes.

2. Install the newest version of Nostalgia (0.97a) and see if the problem persists.

p.s. does the positioning issue occur on the games wheel view also, or just on the platform view?

14 hours ago, dewe64y said:

i have not this line like you in my config text:

AllowFallbackRandom="True"

what is this?

That's a feature I added to 0.97a. If there is no video for a particular platform, playlist, or category, it will loop through a random selection of game videos.

If the theme folder contents are too large, perhaps you could at least upload the INDEX files in the AVLF subfolders. The background images are being chosen correctly, but the videos are not being aligned. The INDEX files are responsible for defining the video positions. You're the only person who has reported this problem, so I want to see if there is something wrong with your INDEX files. Thanks for the additional screenshots.

• Like 1