LaunchBox Community Forums

Movies big box issue

dewe64y

The INDEX files look fine, and that led me to consider culture-specific number formatting which is the problem. You probably format decimals as "0,3" where in the US we would use "0.3". I was being culturally insensitive O.o. Thanks for helping me track down this nasty bug!

So, I think it's fixed but will need your help testing further. Would you please copy this DLL into the theme's Nostalgia\Plugins folder? It will overwrite a DLL in that folder. You will need to unblock the DLL (right click > Properties > Unblock) before using it. You will also need to restart BigBox to see the change.

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll

Please let me know if it works.

14 hours ago, dewe64y said:

maybe a launchbox reinstallation?

I don't think it'd need a LB reinstall. Please make sure you downloaded the new version of Nostalgia 0.98a. Remove the old Nostalgia folder from LaunchBox\Themes and place the new version there, then restart LB. If still it does not work, then replace Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll in Nostalgia\Plugins with this one:

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll

Please let me know the results. We'll figure this out. It is a localization problem, I know it. I can reproduce it on my system here in the US if I force it to localize to French.

25 minutes ago, dewe64y said:

Now it's center.

That's great! I'm glad it's fixed.

26 minutes ago, dewe64y said:

Now rest the problem you can see in pictures 1 and 3

Picture 1: I don't see a problem. Would you please explain?

Picture 2: It uses Atari G42 machine for Atari Classics, because that's the closest background I have. There is no "Atari Classics" background in the viking set.

Picture 3: It's not using the Capcom Play System III background because it expects the platform to be named "Capcom Playsystem III" not "Capcom Play System 3". Look at the @INDEX file in the Nostalgia\Views\AVLF\Platforms folder. You will see how each platform is mapped to an image. To fix this problem on your setup, you could either add "Capcom Play System 3" to the fourth column of this file (under the ALT NAME heading), or you could rename your platform in LaunchBox to "Capcom Play System III". Either way should fix this problem.

9 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Looking at image 1 is it because it looks like the background image tv screen is showing the background image in it and within that little tv it is playing the video? Almost a video playing within an image within an image????

I know crazy right? Think I just fell into a rabbit hole. @dewe64y must be using viking's Atari 7800 platform video from which I derived the overlay image.