LaunchBox Community Forums

Series and playlists

GamaBurst

Hello guy,
I am a proud new Lunchbox Premium user. Since i paid for the licence, I spent a few days trying and experimenting with the different options and settings that lunchbox provides to configure the game collection.

I noticed that we can create playlists and there's also a function to manage the game "series".

I would like to be able to classify certain games by series using the fonction available in lunchbox and I would like to know how.

For example, the Gradius, Mario Bros or Zelda series (no matter the type of platform).

I've seen that several users use playlists to classify games in the same series instead of using the "series" function that's included in Lunchbox and I was wondering why.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by alexandreleblanc

• 1 year later...

Ive been researching this for ages and I'm utterly confounded how this isn't a more widely requested feature.  As gamers, we finally have a means of consolidating and organising ALL GAMES EVER MADE and yet we don't have the simple ability to automatically collect all the Mario or Zelda or metal gear or Metroid or street fighter games together chronologically?  Come on now.... This should've been a feature at launch :/

8 minutes ago, jjzelinski said:

Ive been researching this for ages and I'm utterly confounded how this isn't a more widely requested feature.  As gamers, we finally have a means of consolidating and organising ALL GAMES EVER MADE and yet we don't have the simple ability to automatically collect all the Mario or Zelda or metal gear or Metroid or street fighter games together chronologically?  Come on now.... This should've been a feature at launch :/

You can do that with a playlist, this thread is from October 2017,maybe you should of looked around the forums before demanding features that are already available.

Here is a Zelda playlist i just created this minute to prove it.

32714026_Screenshot(121).thumb.png.9a966507739ce92533d0f4df184d3fd7.png

Spoiler

I've been trying to find information about this for almost a year and haven't been able to find anything... Would you be willing to steer me towards a guide?

EDIT: think I finally figured it out. Sorry for the Necro and bad attitude and thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Edited by jjzelinski

• 1 year later...

I am very happy with this feature and use it to collect video game series. 
I would like the ability to include games with a different name.
For example, in the case of the Gradius series, I would also like to include spin-offs that are still part of the series even if they don't have a similar name, such as Scramble or Salamander.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradius

Do you think it would be possible in auto-generate to add an "OR" function where I could go to insert the name of the games one by one?
Something like this:

TITLE CONTAIN GRADIUS
OR
TITLE IS EQUAL TO SALAMANDER
OR
TITLE IS EQUAL TO SCRAMBLE

2 hours ago, akide said:

Do you think it would be possible in auto-generate to add an "OR" function where I could go to insert the name of the games one by one?
Something like this:

TITLE CONTAIN GRADIUS
OR
TITLE IS EQUAL TO SALAMANDER
OR
TITLE IS EQUAL TO SCRAMBLE

Should already be able to. And is used for different fields, OR is used if the same field is selected multiple times. In your example the current feature would already do what you are requesting.

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Should already be able to. And is used for different fields, OR is used if the same field is selected multiple times. In your example the current feature would already do what you are requesting.

Thanks a lot for the information.  I did not know.  It works perfectly! 

• 1 month later...

On 12/3/2020 at 9:14 PM, akide said:

Thanks a lot for the information.  I did not know.  It works perfectly! 

Sorry, I am not sure if I have understood

To use OR I have only to insert:

title is equal to XXXX

title is equal to YYYY

Right?

And if I'd like to use AND I have to use:

title contains XXXX YYYY

So OR and AND operator are automatically used without specifying them if the right formula is used

1 ora fa, xevious1974 ha detto:

Scusa, non sono sicuro di aver capito

Per utilizzare OR devo solo inserire:

il titolo è uguale a XXXX

il titolo è uguale a AAAA

Destra?

E se voglio usare AND devo usare:

il titolo contiene XXXX YYYY

Quindi gli operatori OR e AND vengono utilizzati automaticamente senza specificarli se viene utilizzata la formula corretta

Esattamente!?