LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller not working in Retroarch ONLY when used with Launchbox

demeth

I'm sure the version I launch alone and the version launched by Launchbox are the same, but still, when I launch retroarch, it detects my xbox one controller, but with launchbox, it shows xinput  0 smth, and the controller doesnt work. When using retro only, xbox one controller shows in retro settings, when using with LB, it doesnt, it says xinput smth.

Any idea? its weird x)

Launchbox won't tell retroarch to load any specific configs, they have to be manually added by the user if required. That's a strange issue for sure though, I personally use a XBOX ONE controller with the wireless dongle and it works just fine when launching retroarch through launchbox. have you added any specific command to your retroarch in launchbox that could be messing with things?

Hello guys !
My issue is fixed.

The problem was not Launchbox per se, but the fact I launched it with Steam. I noticed some controller issues yesterday, with other steam games, and Steam controller's setting was the issue. I un-checked the xbox one controller custom settings, and rebooted my PC, and my issue fixed both with steam games, and with LB.

Btw, quick question regarding retroarch. Do i need to have several emulators, all using retroarch with different cores, or one with all the cores? If i recall correctly, one is enough, but then, how do i tell the game to load the proper core? At the moment, i have several emulators, Playstation using retroarch + correct core, N64, using retroarch with correct core, etc etc... Back in the days, i think i just had retroarch (and others for other platforms not working on RA).

1 minute ago, demeth said:

Btw, quick question regarding retroarch. Do i need to have several emulators, all using retroarch with different cores, or one with all the cores? If i recall correctly, one is enough, but then, how do i tell the game to load the proper core? At the moment, i have several emulators, Playstation using retroarch + correct core, N64, using retroarch with correct core, etc etc... Back in the days, i think i just had retroarch (and others for other platforms not working on RA).

You can go to edit emulator/retroarch then the associated platforms tab. That is where you specify certain cores to work with certain systems. You only need one copy of Retroarch.

You can do one with all the cores - just add them in as different associated platforms for that one emulator entry, and add the corresponding core dlls for each one.

You can split it out into separate "emulators" if you want to, but I only do this when I want to have multiple cores that I switch between for the same platform. So, for example, my primary Retroarch emulator entry uses BSNES-Mercury-Accuracy for SNES, but for a handful of games (MSU-1 games) I uses the SNES9x core, so I made a separate "emulator" and named it "Retroarch - SNES9x", and only added my super nintendo platform and directed it to the SNES9x core.