LaunchBox Community Forums

1080p Nintendo 64 (N64) HyperSpin Recorded Game Theme Videos

Riffman81

I know some of you have been waiting for these for awhile and due to real life circumstances, I've had to put them on hiatus. However, I'm now back in the swing of things and wanted to see if recorded HyperSpin themes are still of interest to anyone? With all the new cinematic 16:9 themes being made, I'm not sure how much interest still remains for these old 4:3 themes but I personally prefer these for representing my old console systems in BigBox and leave the widescreen themes to the newer consoles (PSP, Wii, etc).

Either way, I still feel these old themes should be preserved so I'm going to continue recording all I can with N64 being the latest set I tackle. I'm hoping to have these done within the next few weeks and ready for @circo to add to the EmuMovies FTP. I'll update back when they're released. I'll also be adding some new themes to the previously released sets (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc). Hopefully the community will make use of them... Stay tuned :)

BigBox 2017-11-08 23-58-56-196.png

BigBox 2017-11-08 23-59-08-210.png

BigBox 2017-11-08 23-59-28-461.png

BigBox 2017-11-08 23-59-38-725.png

BigBox 2017-11-09 00-00-27-297.png

BigBox 2017-11-09 00-00-35-733.png

BigBox 2017-11-09 00-01-04-812.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

thankyou riffman for the themes they are great..are you still on with the N64 as i downloaded your themes from ftp and i am short by quite a margin ..anyway i know it must be time consuming to do them and believe me they are very much appreciated

1 hour ago, AK45 said:

thankyou riffman for the themes they are great..are you still on with the N64 as i downloaded your themes from ftp and i am short by quite a margin ..anyway i know it must be time consuming to do them and believe me they are very much appreciated

Thanks! Not sure what you mean... I recorded all the N64 themes I could find. If a game had multiple themes available, I simply chose the best one and went with that. If you’re thinking every game has a theme your mistaken. I do update as new themes become available but so far, nothing is being made for N64 that I’m aware of.

• Thanks 1

I am working off the rocketlauncher N64 xml which i got from hyperspin forums released on 8 /20 /2017 so i guess i am a bit confused as how many themes there should be and wasnt aware not every game has a theme as i have 304/329 games the missing are japan but i am not interested in those just the usa /europe ones.I have added the xml in this message (hope thats ok) most of them are for the USA region but i do have a few from Europe and dont have doubles so i guess i am missing something and not sure what...I am not criticizing you in any way and i hope it dosent come across like that as i really appreciate the time and effort you put into them and at the moment i am getting more from the ftp that you have done

Nintendo 64.xml

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AK45 said:

I am working off the rocketlauncher N64 xml which i got from hyperspin forums released on 8 /20 /2017 so i guess i am a bit confused as how many themes there should be and wasnt aware not every game has a theme as i have 304/329 games the missing are japan but i am not interested in those just the usa /europe ones.I have added the xml in this message (hope thats ok) most of them are for the USA region but i do have a few from Europe and dont have doubles so i guess i am missing something and not sure what...I am not criticizing you in any way and i hope it dosent come across like that as i really appreciate the time and effort you put into them and at the moment i am getting more from the ftp that you have done

Nintendo 64.xml

All the themes I’ve recorded are on the EmuMovies FTP. I think it’s somewhere around 112 or something like that, I’m not In front of my pc at the moment so I can’t tell you the exact number. If you’re missing anything it’s because either the theme for that game hasn’t been made or I haven’t recorded it yet. If you grabbed the themes from the folder on the ftp then you have everything done so far my friend :) if more themes are made I’ll add them. Let me know if I can help any further with your setup.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AK45 said:

ok thankyou for the explanation i totally understand now what you mean and the confusion has gone ,i will have a look around also for some themes but i guess i will need permission from the actual creators before i do anything

We have permission to record HyperSpin themes and distribute them on EmuMovies ONLY. So if you come across themes I haven’t found or recorded for the N64, just send me a private message and I’ll see what I can do about getting them added :)

• Thanks 1