LaunchBox Community Forums

Games load in background instead of fore front

Xrc6

Using Bigbox mode on the GPD Win portable. I'm using Retroarch Mame2014 libreto. When I launch a MAME rom, the game loads behind Launchbox forcing me to ALT/Tab to switch to the game. How can I get Launchbox to bring the games to the forefront when launching and when exiting, bring Launchbox back?....I already tried desktop mode option of minimizing lunchbox when launching a game but does not work in big screen mode.

Any ideas?

*bump

Are there any methods to force Windows or lunchbox to bring launched games to the front? Command lines anything? Its a bit difficult to switch running tasks using such a small kb on this GPD.

BTW, it's not just the Mame libreto but I found that any emulator cores I've tried in Retroarch through Lunchbox seems to make the emulator launch in the background behind Lunchbox 

Edited by Xrc6

Well I wonder why it would happen for me if not for anyone else? I used a fresh install of Windows 10 and the latest Launchbox, just did that last week. But it's my first time using RetroArch. Would there be some setting in Retroarch that I should look at?....There must be some reason that's causing it but was wondering if it's a Launchbox bug because the version # is the only difference since the last time I used Launchbox and it used to work fine...but I also wasn't using Retroarch either so...

Didn't there used to be a way to force Windows to give highest priority to the running application?...wondering if it's a priority issue. What sucks is that I found I really like Retroarch, it makes emulating so much nicer and love the Shader options.

Edited by Xrc6

20 minutes ago, Xrc6 said:

Well I wonder why it would happen for me if not for anyone else? I used a fresh install of Windows 10 and the latest Launchbox, just did that last week. But it's my first time using RetroArch. Would there be some setting in Retroarch that I should look at?....There must be some reason that's causing it but was wondering if it's a Launchbox bug because the version # is the only difference since the last time I used Launchbox and it used to work fine...but I also wasn't using Retroarch either so...

Didn't there used to be a way to force Windows to give highest priority to the running application?...wondering if it's a priority issue. What sucks is that I found I really like Retroarch, it makes emulating so much nicer and love the Shader options.

I have this issue using Windows 10 Pro + LB 7.12 on External USB on my 4º PC.

Really strange because BB not go to background. Sometimes open various emulators windows.

Dont try on 7.14. I will and post here.

Claudio

CM9EesE.png

On 11/15/2017 at 8:54 PM, Cauptain said:

I have this issue using Windows 10 Pro + LB 7.12 on External USB on my 4º PC.

Really strange because BB not go to background. Sometimes open various emulators windows.

Dont try on 7.14. I will and post here.

Claudio

CM9EesE.png

Not sure what LB I have but it's updated and nothing is on any external drive, I have everything on my C drive. Same issue using desktop mode, just wish I had a clue what to try. Is there any code I can type into each games launch augments or whatever its called? If I launch Retroarch application itself, it will come to the fore front like any other application but the ROMS launching from Launchbox are the only ones doing this.

Guess I could try a different version of Retroarch but I'm sure it'll be a pain to setup all over again.

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

News such as what ?

Generally this is a problem caused by some other 3rd party software interfering.

Except in my case there is no 3rd party software except Launchbox and Retroarch. I have long since given up on this topic, forgot about it actually. I have not tried it since or even fired up my GPD.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...