LaunchBox Community Forums

Black Friday?

Westy

Ahh right, so keep an eye out next Friday then. ??

11 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Why would you say that ? It's early for it still, I believe the proper Black Friday sales are next week and @Jason Carr doesn't openly advertise them when he does them, he announces it the day of the sale.

6 minutes ago, painless said:

This is my 1st post here. I've been waiting to buy the premium version for 11 months now.... lol. I hope this goes on sale! Ill buy it then. If not, Ill just keep waiting and waiting until one day.......Nah, Ill just buy another Retro Pie for less :-)

And off to such a swell start too.

"lol"

• Haha 2

Awww, I was just kidding, I'm mostly a PC guy that happens to own a bunch of Raspberry Pi's. This software looks so awesome, and I really have been waiting 11 months to buy it. If it doesn't go on sale, Ill just buy it at full price soon. Whomever it is that develops this LaunchBox truly deserves as much!

I'm glad you agree. Though if you actually believe that, why wait 11 months?

I bought a premium license about a day after trying out the free version, because it didn't take any longer than that to see that it served a need and did so better than the alternatives that I'd tried. Having been using it on almost a daily basis for several years now, and as a frequent buyer of innumerable things video game related, with plenty of instances of buyer's remorse over time, I can tell you that it was probably the best purchase I'd made in years; and that's still true today.

It's your money, use it however you see fit, but it's a bit odd to say "1) I really really want this thing. 2) I've waited a year to buy this thing that I know I really really want that's been readily available in that time 3) I think the product is worthy of full purchase price." There are much, much worse purchasing decisions that you could make than paying even full price for a premium license. If it goes on sale on Friday (and it likely will), great, but I wouldn't let it stop me if it didn't.

Great points and thanks for the warm welcome to the forums!

I can see why you say that "it's a bit odd". Since we're completely different people I have to try to paradigm shift to what my world may seem like to another person after only a few sentences in meeting for the first time :-)

Well, suffice it to say that LauchBox is not high on my priority list as a must make purchase as opposed to food, gas, etc etc. I only spend on average 1 day a week gaming on my pc anymore as I am trying to get outside more and appreciate more of what my life has to offer. LaunchBox looks so great and BigBox looks like the route I want to take.

Anyway, thank you for rolling out the red carpet here and making a newcomer to these forums feel the love!

Hey no problem! I do what I can :D

You just keep on keepin' on big guy. I hope you can manage to overcome the great and perilous struggle to gather food like you're some kind of Alaskan bush person in between your weekly PC sessions to act like a troll on some forums for a product you're supposedly so enthusiastic about. I sure wouldn't want to miss out on that. Pro-tip: keep an eye out for moose, and avoid at all costs.

You didn't upset me, you're just getting off to a bad start. If you're disappointed with the welcome that you've received, don't make trollish remarks in literally your very first post. Generally my first response to someone's first post is "Welcome to the community!" or some-such, but when you start off sounding like a jerk, you're going to get a jerk response. Generally people around here are pretty friendly; so long as you're the same, you'll get along just fine.

• Like 1