LaunchBox Community Forums

How do i update Launchbox?

Kharius

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, DrLight79 said:

Question: My Launchbox Options are all checked for Auto-Update, and this always seems to have worked in the past, However Launchbox has not updated Automatically to 8.2, any ideas how to fix this or manually check for updates to push this through?

So it has not updated at all and you have the Check for Update on Startup selected?

If you make sure "Automatically Download Updates in Background" is not checked then whenever LB prompts you for an update it will show you the progress bar of the update. So just have "Check for Updates on Startup" checked.

Or also check the "Beta Release" box if you want to run betas. 

7 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

So it has not updated at all and you have the Check for Update on Startup selected?

If you make sure "Automatically Download Updates in Background" is not checked then whenever LB prompts you for an update it will show you the progress bar of the update. So just have "Check for Updates on Startup" checked.

Yes I have All Options Checked and it does not seem to be updateing. I will try to uncheck "Auto Down in Background" then restart and see it that helps.

3 minutes ago, DrLight79 said:

Yes I have All Options Checked and it does not seem to be updateing. I will try to uncheck "Auto Down in Background" then restart and see it that helps.

With the background option check you will not know it is downloading. It just does its thing so I keep it unchecked. What version does your Launchbox say it is on?

2 minutes ago, DrLight79 said:

11 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Ok so that seems to be the Issue, it would not Auto Update. My PC has been on for 2 days, so im guessing is some kind of bug with the auto-update protocol  or its just my PC being a flake. But it DID start the Update once started manually. Thank You for you Help

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

With the background option check you will not know it is downloading. It just does its thing so I keep it unchecked. What version does your Launchbox say it is on?

Ver. 8.1, I was getting no bandwidth loss due to any background transfers, thats how i knew it was not auto starting the update.

• 6 months later...