LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to choose a specific game version inside MAME from a merged set?

Seymour

Hello everyone! 

I would like to know if it's possible to change an option in mame.ini or something similar in order to be able to choose which game version I want to play (instead of loading automatically the parent one).

For example I have a merged set of Street Fighter II': Champion Edition, with tons of crazy hacks, all inside sf2ce.zip; and I want to play some of them without dealing with all these different versions in Launchbox. So I launch the game normally from BigBox, and when mame load the merged set I want a menu asking me which version I'd like to play. I know a similar start menu can be shown to choose a specific BIOS, and I'm pretty sure that many years ago I saw a menu in-mame where I could choose different game versions... Does anyone Know if it can be done or it was a dream in my head ^_^??

13 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

None that I am aware of, even doing a quick google search I couldn't find anything to make it easy using a command line or anything.

This is why we don't recommend the merged rom set over the split or non-merged set.

What a shame :( Thanks anyway for clarifing the matter. 

12 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I believe if you try to launch the rom from LB using the clones name instead of the parents without the file extension it will work. You may have to check the box in the manage emulator edit window to not use file extensions.

mmm it's not what I am looking for, but thanks for the idea ;)