LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not launching mame on correct monitor

kvaughn

Is your mame.ini file located in the same folder as your exe file or is it in the \ini folder ?

If it is in \ini folder and not in the main folder with the mame.exe copy it out to where the .exe is and try that.

This is something that seems to have become a common problem a while back now. It seemed to have started with the UI versions of Mame and I am not sure what happened to cause this problem because it wasn't a problem about a year ago or so with older versions of Mame. I have been generating my mame.ini file in the main folder where the mame.exe is located for quite a while so I have never run into this issue personally.

9 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Is your mame.ini file located in the same folder as your exe file or is it in the \ini folder ?

If it is in \ini folder and not in the main folder with the mame.exe copy it out to where the .exe is and try that.

This is something that seems to have become a common problem a while back now. It seemed to have started with the UI versions of Mame and I am not sure what happened to cause this problem because it wasn't a problem about a year ago or so with older versions of Mame. I have been generating my mame.ini file in the main folder where the mame.exe is located for quite a while so I have never run into this issue personally.

It is located in the same folder as the exe

Don't think it is the issue though since it goes to the right screen launched directly from MAME

1 minute ago, Replay said:

There's a current issue with either video mode Direct3D or BGFX where it doesn't work currently work correctly with -numscreens 2 on my end.

You have to either use -video opengl or wait for fixes to be applied to MAME GIT

8 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Are you using this in the .ini file \\.\DISPLAY2

well it's \\.\DISPLAY17 but yes. Every time i use vmmaker in crtemu drivers it incriments the count by 2. no biggie. This is also what mame64 -verbose shows to use. This is how i got it to load mame on the correct screen when launching it maually.

Yeah, it can be frustrating when it's not easy to see exactly what a frontend sends over to MAME. Rocketlauncher does the exact same via it's MAME.ahk thing where it's not very clear and it sends over a crapton of things when using that.

As far as launchbox goes; it shouldn't be sending anything additional that isn't listed in tools/manage emulators - default command-line parameters.

I suppose though you never know.

I have a 2 screen setup at the moment and have issues pinned down to MAME issues but of course different hardware and other factors could make it it's own set of issues. Sorry about the troubles.

If you could try re-downloading and extracting GM to an empty folder and point Launchbox to use that perhaps it could yield a solution.

5 minutes ago, Replay said:

As far as launchbox goes; it shouldn't be sending anything additional that isn't listed in tools/manage emulators - default command-line parameters.

I suppose though you never know.

Launchbox sends nothing that it is not told to via command line or some other 3rd party software such as RocketLauncher if using that.

Perhaps manipulating windows display settings swapping what's numbered and such would fix it. Otherwise it seems to be a weird issue.

You could try disabling all artwork (set to 0) CORE ARTWORK OPTIONS

and see if that resolves anything. Sometimes it can play bad with multiple displays

15 hours ago, Replay said:

Perhaps manipulating windows display settings swapping what's numbered and such would fix it. Otherwise it seems to be a weird issue.

You could try disabling all artwork (set to 0) CORE ARTWORK OPTIONS

and see if that resolves anything. Sometimes it can play bad with multiple displays

Only one that is enabled is artwork crop

disabling the other monitor has resolved the issue. so much for my hopes of a marquee monitor though