LaunchBox Community Forums

New to CPS1-3

MrBrac

That is up to you but just so you are aware updating using the update packs is not a simple extract to your roms folder and overwrite when asked, doing that will break any games that you are overwriting. You need to use a program that merges the files correctly such as clrmamepro and that is a very tricky program to use.

The update files only contain the actual updated rom files so for example if game1.zip contains rom a,b and c and the updated game1.zip file has a new rom b it only contains that b file and not a and c. So now when you overwrite the old file the new one only has b which in turn breaks the rom completely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

186 is about when some of the updates to Capcom games took place. It may be easier just to download a more recent set. 0.194 is the most current. 

Lately, I cannot find anything anywhere. I got the paradise premium. I guess ill just manually update. How do you update download the update packs and?

9 minutes ago, MrBrac said:

But can it run the capcom game though? Maybe it needs qsound lol.

If you download a current Mame rom set from Pleasuredome you should have no issues running CPS1, 2, and 3 in current Mame builds. One of my machines has the 193 set and I have all CPS systems set up in it running through Mame. I have not used stand alone FBA in quite some time.

Just now, Retro808 said:

If you download a current Mame rom set from Pleasuredome you should have no issues running CPS1, 2, and 3 in current Mame builds. One of my machines has the 193 set and I have all CPS systems set up in it running through Mame. I have not used stand alone FBA in quite some time.

I got one of games I knew was Capcom , I tried to import under the arcade platform that uses mame2014 libretro. It failed to import on launchbox. I will try again.