LaunchBox Community Forums

How to use Teknoparrot as an emulator?

tbm

• 4 weeks later...

What version of Teknoparrot are you running? As of 1.33 that error should no longer occur. So if you are using 1.31 or 1.32 the wiki shows you how to get past that error.  Here is a thread in LB forum with some helpful tips on getting it running. 

---------------------------------------------

Changes in Teknoparrot 1.33 Release:

-Mario Kart DX STRPCB error resolved permanently.

-Fixed a critical developer bug in Mario Kart DX that caused the game never to run on some systems. (Causing STRPCB as a side effect)

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, chiukian said:

If I use the parrotloader.exe and the games .exe They all load fine, but none of the controls work. However all of the controls work when I launch the games from the parrotUI directly

What's the method to launch them from LB?

have you tried parrot ui as the emu?

I did try to use the UI as the emu, but it would only load the parrotUI and not the game.

I figured this out though. There was another post that mentioned listing the .XML files for each game in the command line but it wasn't super clear.

So, if you go have TeknoParrot set up as an emulator and are launching ParrotLaunch.exe

Go into the details of each game and click the emulation TAB

Then check the box for Use custom command line parameters, and add the below:

--profile=XXX.XML

They will launch with your controls working (setup within TeknoParrotUI) The XML files are located in the GameProfiles folder of the Tekno PArrot folder. Just match up the XML file to your game title.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to set this up too.

Thanks Neil

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Glad you figured it out but i have to ask also, you have to specify your game location in the teknoparrot ui also first right? You set the game location for the specific game and also set the controls for said game in the same place.

Neil,

Yeah, I already had the games locations setup in TeknoParrotUI, This will need to be done first since when you save those locations it creates the XML files. The controls were also setup in the TeknoparrotUI and they are saved in the same XML file.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This is doing my head in! I’m setting up let’s go island through teknoparrot.

I’ve imported the let’s go island game.exe file, set teknoparrot as emulator (pointed at parrotloader.exe 

without a command line it Loads but without my settings configured including not full screen. However when I put the command line

- - profile=LGI.xml

in it fails to load and says “- - profileLGI.xml not found”

any help would be sooooo appreciated!

Ok so I sorted it with a little (a lot) help from a friend! It’s a different method to what’s been posted so I’ll walk it through in steps to help anyone else that needs it!

first set up all the games in the teknoparrot emulator directly so that it generates a .xml file for each (stored in the emulator folder in userprofiles folder)

You use these .xml files to import the games into launchbox (names will have to be manually changed when scraping info 

set teknoparrot up as an emulator pointing to the technoparrotui.exe and ticking the boxes shown in the attached photo.

add the command line 

--profile=

and that’s it ! The game loads using the settings from technoparrotui 

Now all I need to do now is work out how to fix the mouse curser to reach the whole screen on the shooting games !

EF2553EF-3E62-46C2-8104-26E1D25FF415.png

Edited by Pennywisekrueger
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pennywisekrueger said:

Ok so I sorted it with a little (a lot) help from a friend! It’s a different method to what’s been posted so I’ll walk it through in steps to help anyone else that needs it!

first set up all the games in the teknoparrot emulator directly so that it generates a .xml file for each (stored in the emulator folder in userprofiles folder)

You use these .xml files to import the games into launchbox (names will have to be manually changed when scraping info 

set teknoparrot up as an emulator pointing to the technoparrotui.exe and ticking the boxes shown in the attached photo.

add the command line 

--profile=

and that’s it ! The game loads using the settings from technoparrotui 

Now all I need to do now is work out how to fix the mouse curser to reach the whole screen on the shooting games !

EF2553EF-3E62-46C2-8104-26E1D25FF415.png

I guess it may be related to the emulator's config, but I did what you did and the emu crashed after a black screen.

Game is Mario Kart DX, the configs in TeknoParrotUI are set.

6 minutes ago, Pennywisekrueger said:

Have you unticked window mode in teknoparrot ?

does it work in teknoparrot standalone?

No, it was checked, but I unchecked it a tested it again. NOTHING

Also, It didn't work before too. I guessed loading it in a frontend like LB would help

DID I GET A BAD DUMP ?

Edited by ww97

• 2 months later...

The above methods do not seem to work for me. 

To Get Chase HQ 2 working inside lunchbox I first got it working in the  TeknoParrotUI. Configuring and successfully testing the game.

Then I proceeded to test it in Launchbox

I disabled the emulator

I pointed the games rom location at:
TeknoParrotUI.exe

Then I added the application CommandLine as:

--profile=chasehq2.xml

I saved the game profile and ignored that it did not have an emulator

Loading the game works but my xbox360 controller does not seem to work. There must be issues with the driver not loading this way?

AutoHotKeys are unavailable through this method :( from the looks of it. Has anyone found another working way using the emulation and command line loading?

Edited by cloudd

Morning @cloudd

If your 360 controller works when you’re using teknoparrot standalone it sounds like your settings aren’t getting pulled through when using launchbox.

try the method I posted above again but make sure the ‘rom file’ you point towards for each game is the .xml stored inside the user profile folder not the game profile folder. 

Getting this method to work means you can use teknoparrot as an emulator and subsequently be able to use auto hot keys.

• 4 months later...

So i used all these methods and got some games to work, but none of my games had haptic feedback at all. They work when i use TeknoParrot by itself, but when i go through launchbox, it never loads.

I think it has something to do with the parrotdata.xml not loading going through Launchbox.

• 3 weeks later...