LaunchBox Community Forums

How to use Teknoparrot as an emulator?

tbm

3 minutes ago, Fablog said:

@GrayskyX could you show us a picture of one of your game edit window please? I did what you said but it launch only Teknoparrot, not the game. The game is working using only Teknoparrot, without Launchbox.

Thanks!

Isnt there two different .exe's for technoparrot, are you launching the correct one?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

you have to create a txt file in the roms folder.  use this as your rom file. so SEGA RALLY 3 would be SegaRally3.txt

follow the --profile= when you set teknoparrot as your emulator and add the system it defaults etc, once imported edit the game, click emulation tab down the bottom, tick use custom commandline parameters, and then add  --profile=xxx.xml file ( for sega rally 3 it is SR3.xml ) (find this under userprofiles in teknoparrot emulator folder) for each game.

1 hour ago, Muckers said:

you have to create a txt file in the roms folder.  use this as your rom file. so SEGA RALLY 3 would be SegaRally3.txt

follow the --profile= when you set teknoparrot as your emulator and add the system it defaults etc, once imported edit the game, click emulation tab down the bottom, tick use custom commandline parameters, and then add  --profile=xxx.xml file ( for sega rally 3 it is SR3.xml ) (find this under userprofiles in teknoparrot emulator folder) for each game.

No need for that. You just pick the xml file in your Teknoparrot -> UserProfiles directory and it should work fine. (Once configured in Teknoparrot first)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

No need for that. You just pick the xml file in your Teknoparrot -> UserProfiles directory and it should work fine. (Once configured in Teknoparrot first)

It works perfectly for me! so sharing how i did it with someone who needed help. always good to have more than one way to do something.

4 hours ago, Muckers said:

It works perfectly for me! so sharing how i did it with someone who needed help. always good to have more than one way to do something.

I agree and it's always great  to have many options.

My concern was when you said you have to, just making sure the OP knows that's an option, not a requirement. As your collection grows, keeping things simple and as close to default sure makes maintenance easier. Although I don't intend to make changes once I have my cabinet perfected, even though I have backups, I started keeping a journal of all the changes I make. (this games, uses this different config, or this game uses this AHK to change key maps, etc)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...