LaunchBox Community Forums

Stupid question about the "Forever Updates" license

timekiller

Ok, so first off, let me say that I bought the forever updates license. I love LaunchBox/BigBox and believe in supporting the devs! But here is what I don't understand:

LaunchBox is free. When new versions come out you can download and install it, even without any license. So, what is the difference between the $20 and $50 license?

if you get a $20 license after a year you can't update the program any longer or it won't work with your license if you get $50 you get lifetime updates. So if you only get the $20 license and your year is up you have to turn off updates or BigBox won't work any longer. LB will continue to work if you update but not with any of the premium features.

I want to tag onto this Subject.  I travel with my laptop system to and from my Girls house about 2 hours away.  Will this eventually get my key kicked even though it's not changing machines? $50 is cheaper than a tank of gas now..

Loving this software.

nikoto