LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox and RetroArch 1.7.0 Troubleshooting

kidloser0426

12 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Onboard graphics I think? I’m not quite sure. All I know is, I bought this pc two years ago refurbished to build a home recording studio. Then, a better computer came to me for that, so this one has been collecting dust. Figured I’d put it to use. It’s an old Dell optiplex 760 if that helps. I’m not quite sure how to check otherwise. This is all a pretty big learning experience for me. I’m updating RA at the moment to see if that fixes my video driver issues. I’ll keep you posted

If the PC can handle it I would suggest looking into a cheap graphics card for it. You don't need anything fancy at all, anything with 1 gig of GDDR5 vram would be adequate and shouldn't run you more than 30-50 bucks. It would open up a lot more options for you in terms of emulators and if you wanted to get into the shaders.

I’ll look into a new graphics card. Until then, I’ll settle for nes through genesis consoles and the game boy stuff. Since I know all of those consoles work with my current setup, I’ll just turn my focus towards getting launchbox set up with RA. Thanks again for the help. After getting comfortable with the software, I think the next step will definitely be drawing up plans for a stand alone cabinet and venturing into the territories of setting the cabinet up with an arcade control panel and all of that fun stuff.