LaunchBox Community Forums

Rocket Launcher and big box

MrBrac

9 hours ago, Retro808 said:

If it is set up and working in Launchbox it works in BigBox. There is nothing to set up in BigBox when it comes to the emulators. That is all done in Launchbox. 

I have an issue with I make RL default but LB acts like RA is a default. I think that happening in big box.

If you set it up to use RA originally you will have to go to any platform you imported prior and click a game then click ctrl+a to highlight all games then ctrl+e to open the bulk edit wizard from there change the emulator from RA to RL and you should be good to go

• 6 months later...

I was wondering MrBrac, did you make it work? I read on this very forum that RocketLauncher can break. I am torn between it and straight up BigBox. I have a working RL-BigBox setup and it looks great, but because I read some comments saying it might break, I am not sure I should invest the time to learn it.

When people said "break" they were likely referring to the modules needing to be updated when the emulators release new versions that change the command line syntax or the window title/class. Neither of which are very frequent and someone (usually me) will usually post an updated module rather quickly to fix it.

The command line changing and breaking the launching isn't unique to RL though. You would have to make those changes regardless of what frontend you're using, including LB. The window class thing is pretty specific to RL since things like pause and fade rely on knowing which emulator window to manipulate.