LaunchBox Community Forums

Proposal for removing bible verses from launchbox

LuismaSP89

I figured that there are some biblic verses in launchbox, (Help>about) i don´t have any problem if Jason Carr is a religious person. But Launchbox is not a church to predicate, it´s a game´s launcher, (and yes, I pay for it). So please, consider to remove this religious propaganda, it´s very offensive for me at least (And i´m not the only one as I see: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/33647-secular-version-of-launchbox/)

PS: I don't want to be rude, so, sorry if it sounds like that, English is not my mother language, and I don´t know how to express myself better. I consider that at least, must be added an option to enable/disable this if you want.

• Like 1

I may or may not have the authority to respond to this but Jason Carr, has this description of himself posted here and although it may offend you he is Christian. That being said we do understand your point of view and it will be completely up to him whether or not the Bible verses are removed.

LaunchBoxPortable Box-Art-Based Games Database and Launcher for DOSBox, Emulators, and PC GamesMenuSkip to content

Author

LaunchBox is developed by Jason Carr.

He loves roller coasters, fried pickles, and skydiving,writes music, plays with Raspberry Pis, is incredibly blessed despite being a tremendous idiot, released an Android app, is embarrassingly lazy, occasionally sings hardcore, rarely takes his own advice, quit college with two classes left, knows the meaning of true freedom, and lives in it.

But very little of that matters. What matters is that I am a follower of Christ.

The Lord has brought me from extreme depression to humbling amounts of success. As a result, I am adamant that everything I do, I should do for the Lord.

LaunchBox is just one testament to what the Lord has done in my life, and could do in yours.

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 1 Corinthians 1:27 (NIV)

Copyright © Unbroken Software, LLC 2018. All rights reserved.

• Like 2

Like I said, i'm not offended if Jason Carr is a religious person, so, please, don't put words in my mouth. And I only requested a button to enable/disable that bible verses, which is extremely easy to do.

There are people like you who don't care if there are religious messages in Launchbox? Ok. But there's too people like me, (As you can see i'm not the only one in the forums) who think that Launchbox is not the place for this religious messages.

I may be old and am not used to these modern times of being politically correct, but may I just say what a pile of horseshit.

has the world gone mad? Everyone has the right to believe in what they want and express their views but taking offence at mere words from a religious text is ridiculous in my opinion. Jeezus (blasphemy) ?.

I thought we were all meant to be tolerant of other beliefs?

Sorry for the rant but seriously ? 

• Like 2

I am totally against the "politically correct society" of modern times, but this is not the case. I don´t want to be politically correct. I only want to say, that, putting biblic verses in a Game´s frontend program maybe is not the right place to do it. 

Tolerant with other beliefs? What about to being tolerant with atheism? I respect if some people are religious. You love Jesus? Ok, but please, don´t come to my house and start a dull monologue trying to convert me to christianity. Don´t stop me while i´m walking through the street to do the same. Don´t fill my mailbox with religious propaganda, if I want to believe in Jesus, I do it by my own.  

I don´t know where´s the problem to put simply a button for enable/disable this unwanted feature for the people who don´t want it. You talked about you´re not used to "Being politically correct" but you´re too the first person to talk about "To be tolerant with other beliefs" this is contradictory.

• DOS76 locked this topic