LaunchBox Community Forums

Config questions

denzilla

Launch box will group versions of the same game together. I see an option to separate them which forces multiple versions of the same game to be visible. Is there are way to have one visual representation of each game but allow you to select which version of a game to run after clicking the desired game? 

I set Ootake as my PC Engine/TG16 emulator and use no-intro Roms. I’ve imported the games but launchbox isn’t importing any box art or anything. What did I do wrong?

Thanks all!

Edited by denzilla

I'm not sure on the exact process but I think if you separate them then re-merge them you can control which one the other are merged into. I think It might just be a case of selecting them all, then right clicking on the one you want as the main one and right clicking on that one and select to merge selected games. 

56 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

If it is pointing to the wrong game it is as easy as editing the game and then changing the path to be the one to the game you want.

Understood, but it’s not a very elegant solution. There are reasons to keep different versions of the same game. The FE arbitrarily hiding some of them without a real easy way to select versions isn’t ideal. 

Preferrably, a simple drop down menu or list of versions being presented after clicking on a game would be nice :)

7 minutes ago, denzilla said:

Understood, but it’s not a very elegant solution. There are reasons to keep different versions of the same game. The FE arbitrarily hiding some of them without a real easy way to select versions isn’t ideal. 

Preferrably, a simple drop down menu or list of versions being presented after clicking on a game would be nice :)

All the combined items should be shown in the right click menu and you can just click which you want.

Edited by spectral

4 minutes ago, spectral said:

All the combined items should be shown in the right click menu and you can just click which you want.

Correct, if games have been combined they will be in the right click menu. You can also right click and edit then specify which one is loaded by default when double clicking.

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

yeah if you combined them but couldn't access them that would be bad solution. I assumed you know how to access them but wanted to change the facing rom sorry for the misunderstanding

Hi,

Other than "view game folder" selection in the right-click menu, there are no listings for the different roms versions.

IMO, the FE should condense the various rom versions into one facing game and then present a rom version selection list once the particular game is selected. Diving into the filesystem to pick a game is counter to the goals of an FE.

Please don't take these as complaints. Just making usability observations, that all. Overall, this is a great FE :)

2 minutes ago, denzilla said:

IMO, the FE should condense the various rom versions into one facing game and then present a rom version selection list once the particular game is selected. Diving into the filesystem to pick a game is counter to the goals of an FE.

This is exactly what it does, if you have no rom options in the right click menu then you only have one rom for that game.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Screenshot (340).png

Blind as a bat, I am. I wasn't seeing the version selection because the duplicates were set to show. For some reason, I didn't see the duplicate games in the main selection screen.

Thats fixed now :)

Any clues as to what I'm not seeing in regards to my PC-Engine games not importing art work?

Thanks again for everyone's help so far!

2 minutes ago, denzilla said:

Any clues as to what I'm not seeing in regards to my PC-Engine games not importing art work?

Try right clicking the platform in the left sidebar and choosing edit, then in the scrape as dropdown change it to "NEC TurboGrafx-16"

5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Did you name the platform PC-Engine or NEC PC-Engine

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Try right clicking the platform in the left sidebar and choosing edit, then in the scrape as dropdown change it to "NEC TurboGrafx-16"

Thank you both. Those were the solutions!