LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME 0.185 and Retroarch , How To

dov_EL

Just downloaded it and tested and it worked fine. I loaded the core from the RA UI then navigated to my ROMs folder for MAME which includes all of the bios files and launched it worked as expected I didn't use a game that requires bios files though I tested on 005

15 minutes ago, dovella said:

I have the impression that this core is not compatible with Retroarch 1.7.1

It's compatible and you don't have to move anything to the \system folder. As long as your rom set is 185 compatible it will work just fine.

Are you using the 64 bit or 32 bit version of Rteorarch 1.7.1 ? The core is the 64 bit version, guess I should put that in the download description.

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

It's compatible and you don't have to move anything to the \system folder. As long as your rom set is 185 compatible it will work just fine.

I have ONLY romset of 0.185 . 
but , not work :/ very very strange 

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

I edited my post after but are you using the 64 or 32 bit version of Retroarch ?

32 and 64 bit , in different PCs, and in both it does not seem to work.
However, maybe the fault could be that I do not update retroarch, but I always do a new setup and then the settings of the old versions of RA do not have them?

Just now, DOS76 said:

are cores architecture specific?

Yeah, there are different versions, 32 bit ones will work on 64 but not vice versa.

1 minute ago, dovella said:

32 and 64 bit , in different PCs, and in both it does not seem to work.
However, maybe the fault could be that I do not update retroarch, but I always do a new setup and then the settings of the old versions of RA do not have them?

Not sure what to tell you other than I just tried that 185 core in my 1.7.1 64 bit install and it works fine.

I mean, when a new version and a retroarch comes out, I do not update by importing the old settings with the new version available.
Normally only save the SYSTEM folder, and then I do a new setup, and set it all up again.

So if this core of MAME was perhaps compatible with the old versions, and for those who perform the manual update by copying the old settings, maybe this core is still working.
But with a new retroarch setup, it does not seem to work.