LaunchBox Community Forums

family and friends

reaper71129

quick question since my previous post was locked.... is it ok to make a "portable lauchbox" with everything setup.... emulators, roms, etc... for friends and family... and have everything except for my licence file... then just give them a link to buy.... i have alot of people i know wanting a setup like mine and i'm trying to figure out how to do it easily... 

Yeah the roms and emulators you may have are nothing to do with us ;) and Jason has said before any images and such you downloaded from our database are yours to do with as you please, but as @DOS76 said including your license would be a big no no. Also videos from emumovies should not really be included either as they are a paid service, but that is your moral choice to make.

3 hours ago, reaper71129 said:

i wish bigbox could be limited to only one platform on the non-pay... say nes or something....  just a taste... to get them addicted.... lol.. but i understand 

The taste is having them play on your fully set-up BigBox so they can see its full glory and bask in your awesome set-up :D. Then give them the files you mentioned before and tell them to support Launchbox with a license. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

The taste is having them play on your fully set-up BigBox so they can see its full glory and bask in your awesome set-up :D. Then give them the files you mentioned before and tell them to support Launchbox with a license. 

Yep, all this can be yours for the small small price of $20

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, reaper71129 said:

That's true..  and i forgot about the $20 option... i was thinking the $50 lifetime only....... i love the look on their faces when i put on mario or sonic on my 55" tv with wireless xbox controllers...  the nostalgia of the games using new technology....

Try there faces if they see you using these.

71gToD097CL._SL1500_.jpg