LaunchBox Community Forums

Demul, and NullDc issues

jeff86

I just added some dreamcast homebrew and import games to my Launchbox set up, and set demul up as the default emulator,  but the problem is whenever i try to open those games through Launchbox Demul will not run those games, however if I open the through Demul it's self it will run them, is there a fix for rhis?  

The other problem I am having is if I open a NullDc game I can use any controls at all, I tried to open NullDc it's self which it will let me change the controls to a controller, but then as soon as the dreamcast emulation is running it reverts back to where I cannot control anything, is this a fix that anybody here can help me with? 

I believe when you added the emulator for demul in launchbox it should have added this, but to be 100% sure click on Tools->Manage Emulators in launchbox.  Double click on your entry in the list for Demul and then on the emulator screen click on the Associated Platform tab.  Make sure this is listed in the entry under the default command-line parameter:

-run=dc -image=

(see attached image to see where I mean and what my entry for Demul looks like)

Also, on the first tab (Emulator Details) try checking off the box next to "No space before ROM (primarily for nullDC)"  I'm not sure if it's needed or not for Demul, but that's what I use for my Dreamcast emulator and it's checked off for me and working from launchbox and bigbox.

Sorry, can't help you with the controls question for nullDC as I only use Demul stand-alone for my limited Dreamcast games that I have, so I'm not familiar with it at all.

Hope this helps you out,

CDBlue

dreamcast.jpg

Edited by CDBlue

The homebrews should work as well. I just tested a couple homebrews and they work fine through Launchbox in Demul. When you say most games work do you mean normal Dreamcast games? Did the homebrew roms get added to the same platform in Launchbox as Dreamcast games or did you create a new platform for the hombrews and imports?

4 hours ago, jeff86 said:

I created a new platform to seperate them from the regular dreamcast games one for the home brews called "Sega dreamcast (homebrew)" and one called "Sega Dreamcast (imports)" 

In launchbox did you add these to the associated platform of your Demul emulator? In the image below you should also have those two platforms listed so launchbox knows to associate the new platforms with demul. Use the same command line parameters as Dreeamcast too. Also make sure the associated platform name matches exactly how you have the name of the platforms in Launchbox.

dreamcast.jpg

So if they run direct in demul there is a disconnect somewhere in Launchbox. Can you share a pic of your manage emulator screen showing the emulator details tab and the associated platforms tab. Also right click, edit a homebrew game and share a pic of the launcher and emulation tab. 

I do not see that you added the other two platforms in your associated platforms tab. Since you added platforms called Sega Dreamcast (homebrew) and Sega Dreamcast (imports) those also need to be listed under Sega Dreamcast in the demul associated platforms tab. Otherwise Launchbox does not know to use that emulator for that platform. 

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I do not see that you added the other two platforms in your associated platforms tab. Since you added platforms called Sega Dreamcast (homebrew) and Sega Dreamcast (imports) those also need to be listed under Sega Dreamcast in the demul associated platforms tab. Otherwise Launchbox does not know to use that emulator for that platform. 

Yep was about to say the same, you just have "Sega Dreamcast", it should be "Sega Dreamcast(homebrew)" as well.

Should look something like this. Your name of the associated platform make sure it matches how you have it named in Launchbox. The -run=dc -image= does not need to be in the emulation details tab since you have it in the associated platforms already. I don't put it in that tab since I use Demul for Sammy Atomiswave and Sammy uses a different paramater. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Should look something like this. Your name of the associated platform make sure it matches how you have it named in Launchbox. The -run=dc -image= does not need to be in the emulation details tab since you have it in the associated platforms already. I don't put it in that tab since I use Demul for Sammy Atomiswave and Sammy uses a different paramater. 

Capture.JPG

THAT DID IT!!!! Thank you! 

• Like 1