LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller automation volume & Retroarch problem

Drodrick

16 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

What you are describing sounds like a conflict of controls, either remap your controls in LB or in RA to something that is different.

I've tried that. if I change the controller automation controls through launchbox, I get the same issue with the new combo. 

I've also tried adding "nul" to all instances of slow motion in the retroarch config files. That has no effect. 

Edited by Ba6yhulk

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Try remapping them in the RA gui.

Also I was not responding aggressively at all, I am just very blunt and to the point and your post didn't make any sense in the context it was posted.

That's the really weird part.. The only slow motion option I see doesn't have a button assigned to it in the GUI. I tried setting retroarch to require a button combination for hot keys. Still didn't fix the issue. 

I hear ya. Didn't mean to get sensitive. It's late, and I'm cranky.

1 minute ago, Ba6yhulk said:

I hear ya. Didn't mean to get sensitive. It's late, and I'm cranky.

It's all good.

You can remap the stuff in RA though I have never done it aside from the different systems game controllers. I left the RA shortcuts alone since I never use them and LB stuff doesn't interfere for me since I never use the volume up and down, that's only for LB not the emulators.

• 7 months later...

For me, changing the input driver to raw solved the problem. At first, changing the system volume with a hotkey would eject the disc. Then, one day, it initiated netplay whenever I tried to change the system volume. My input driver was set to dinput and changing it to sdl2 had no effect, but changing it to raw solved it with no apparent side effects whatsoever.

• 2 months later...

I was having this same issue too, only I would get null and then the game would be in slow motion every time I tried to use my automation bindings for changing the volume while playing retroarch. I cleared my bindings for slow motion and all and it still would do this. 

My fix? Pause the game first with the new pause feature under another binding. Then change the volume and unpause. This workaround prevents the issue I was having until I can figure out a better solution

1 minute ago, daphnefan said:

I was having this same issue too, only I would get null and then the game would be in slow motion every time I tried to use my automation bindings for changing the volume while playing retroarch. I cleared my bindings for slow motion and all and it still would do this. 

My fix? Pause the game first with the new pause feature under another binding. Then change the volume and unpause. This workaround prevents the issue I was having until I can figure out a better solution

Hi, I used that solution too, nverthless y discovered a better one, you can configure the controls inside retroarch control hotkeys for volume up and down is much more confortable, I set the rigth stick up and down for that work.

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2018 at 7:29 AM, Elmazz said:

for me, when i use controller automation to increase system volume while using retroarch, retroarch goes to tiny windowed mode... any ideas why? my launchbox hotkey enable key is L3, while retroarch's hotkey enable key is Select, so i dont get it at all..

Just wondering if this was ever fixed?  I'm running the latest 10.6 build BIgBox and have this same issue when controlling volume while in a game with retroarch (i'm using a keyboard not control pad).  Actually having a combination of issues mentioned on this thread.  I get the "nul" notification on bottom left corner, it effects window size toggle and speed of game play... it just goes wonky :(

On 5/2/2019 at 11:56 AM, Aimnos said:

For me, changing the input driver to raw solved the problem. At first, changing the system volume with a hotkey would eject the disc. Then, one day, it initiated netplay whenever I tried to change the system volume. My input driver was set to dinput and changing it to sdl2 had no effect, but changing it to raw solved it with no apparent side effects whatsoever.

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I had given up trying to get this working correctly. Changing the input driver to raw fixed all of my problems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ElMeroMaquinero said:

Just wondering if this was ever fixed?  I'm running the latest 10.6 build BIgBox and have this same issue when controlling volume while in a game with retroarch (i'm using a keyboard not control pad).  Actually having a combination of issues mentioned on this thread.  I get the "nul" notification on bottom left corner, it effects window size toggle and speed of game play... it just goes wonky :(

As suggested a few posts back, try changing the input driver to RAW. I had given up on this a long time ago. I only read through the last few posts because of you posting today. This fixed everything for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 6:58 PM, Ba6yhulk said:

As suggested a few posts back, try changing the input driver to RAW. I had given up on this a long time ago. I only read through the last few posts because of you posting today. This fixed everything for me.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:58 PM, ElMeroMaquinero said:

Thanks for the info, changing retroarch input driver to raw worked!

Well all was good until I shelled windows 10 for BigBox.exe on boot and now the volume does not work.  Tested and works again after loading explorer.exe

does anybody have any suggestions?

thx!

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 8:58 PM, Ba6yhulk said:

Works great!! open retroarch without cores, go to driver input, select "raw" , go to configuration file, "save current configuration"... thanks for answering!

Edited by Drodrick

• 5 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 10:56 AM, Aimnos said:

It works, so the problem with the raw driver, is that if you disconect you control you can't simply reconected it again, you must restart retroarch, is there a solution for that?

16 hours ago, Drodrick said:

It works, so the problem with the raw driver, is that if you disconect you control you can't simply reconected it again, you must restart retroarch, is there a solution for that?

What kind of controller are you using?

I use a PS4 controller with the DS4Windows software for xinput. I also enabled an option that hides the dinput device to avoid double inputs. The problem with that is, whenever my controller gets disconected, the software is unable to hide the dinput device, since RA captures it.

If I have maximum users set to 1, then I become unable to use my controller because the dinput device fills in port 1, and I have to restart RA. I also remember there being an option somewhere that limits menu control to the first player only, which would also give trouble in this situation. Otherwise, aside from the fact that I have 2 controllers detected in RA and my xinput device being in the 2nd port, I don't have any issues with not being able to reuse the controller after disconecting.

2 hours ago, Aimnos said:

What kind of controller are you using?

I use a PS4 controller with the DS4Windows software for xinput. I also enabled an option that hides the dinput device to avoid double inputs. The problem with that is, whenever my controller gets disconected, the software is unable to hide the dinput device, since RA captures it.

If I have maximum users set to 1, then I become unable to use my controller because the dinput device fills in port 1, and I have to restart RA. I also remember there being an option somewhere that limits menu control to the first player only, which would also give trouble in this situation. Otherwise, aside from the fact that I have 2 controllers detected in RA and my xinput device being in the 2nd port, I don't have any issues with not being able to reuse the controller after disconecting.

I have xbox 360 controller, what input driver do you use?

19 hours ago, Drodrick said:

I have xbox 360 controller, what input driver do you use?

As I stated above (post from May 2, 2019), I switched my input driver from dinput to raw to solve issues with altering the system volume while playing.

But yeah, I don't have problems after the controller disconects unless I have menu input/max no. of users set to a certain value.

• 3 months later...