LaunchBox Community Forums

Intellivision Nostalgia emulator probs....

Lukeyboy67

Hi, I've just set up Nostalgia in launchbox. Problem is none of the games will run! when i click on a rom I get the little spinning loading cursor for a second then nothing. If I run Nostalgia outside of Launchbox it all works fine. Am I missing something? I've set it all up correctly as far as I'm aware. Thanks in advance for any help :)

I have not messed with this emulator, but I did just install it and it works without much fuss. if it work outside Launchbox and not inside than it is likely you are missing something in your set-up.

In Launchbox go to manage emulators and make sure you are pointing to the correct .exe in the emulator details tab and in the associated platforms tab make sure you have the name of the Intellivision platform listed there exactly as you have it named in your Launchbox set-up. 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• 2 months later...

@DOS76

Dos76, can you describe what you mean by "just setup MAME to use intv -cart in the edit form for the emulator"? I am new to emulation and not techiest person. I have all the full non-merged 198 MAME rom set and the all the 198 CHDs. I have yet to setup Launchbox, but I have been testing the MAME out on its own. It seems that most of the old arcade game roms I have tried work, but the Intellivision games do not. I am assuming it has something to do with me just not understanding how it is supposed to be run in MAME; I hear MAME is tricky like that. If you could explain in laments terms it would be greatly appreciated. I would love to get all these Intellivision games running through MAME and Launchbox so I can relive my youth again ? Thanks!

Those instructions are for using Intellivision through LB if you are only using MAME you just open MAME and when the interface comes up type Intellivision and it should be an option then if you have the roms its looking for in a spot where it is looking for them then they should be listed in a sub menu after selecting Intellivision. Do you have the MAME software list games if not then that is probably where your problem is happening. While MAME can load games that aren't part of the official MAME set through the command line it requires their specific game pack to use from the UI.

Like I said, I have the entire 198 rom set (non-merged) from PD ... so should include all the extra files that I could possibly need. I am first just testing everything through regular MAME before trying to get it to work in Launchbox. So I will figure that out at a later date. For now, I just want to get the MAME Intellivsion roms to run through basic MAME 198 - no UI.

I am a little confused about your wordings .. what do you mean by "when the interface comes up type Intellivision and it should be an option"? So I type "Intellivision" in the search area? And what option are you talking about; what option am i looking for? It almost sounds like you are saying I should move the Intellivision roms into a sub-folder and tell MAME to look there.

Also, I am confused at what you mean by "Do you have the MAME software list games".  Can you expand on that?

Thanks

Edited by ItchyRobot

no it doesn't include all of the files you need there is a completely different set on PD it will be the non merged softwarlist files its completely separate from the full arcade set.

The options will be Intellivision Intellivision II Intellivision keyboard voice cart a few Intellivision options will be listed in the UI after typing it you want the plain Intellivision option.

45 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

no it doesn't include all of the files you need there is a completely different set on PD it will be the non merged softwarlist files its completely separate from the full arcade set.

The options will be Intellivision Intellivision II Intellivision keyboard voice cart a few Intellivision options will be listed in the UI after typing it you want the plain Intellivision option.

I will check all those out tonight after work. Thanks