LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller Issues with Retroarch

subatomic09

9 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

could it be because some PS1 games need different controllers like some supported Dual Shock others didn't in RA I know you can switch to what type of controller you are trying to emulate

That was it! For games like Symphony of the Night, I have to switch the Controls to "PlayStation Controller" instead of "DualShock."

Dude, thank you. This has been driving me nuts! O.oxD

Ah.  This had given me a headache when trying to play Metal Gear Solid.  The analog controls weren't working and I had to switch to Dualshock.  I then noticed that another game (Final Fantasy 7) was completely unresponsive to all controls and so had to switch it back.  Glad you got it sorted.

Anyone know if there is a way to get around having to manually change this setting per game?

Cheers.

You can set a per game override so it will change it for a particular game only so you wouldn't have to keep changing them back when the next game needed a different controller type. You would still need to change them and save the override when ever you came across a game not supporting default controller type.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

You can set a per game override so it will change it for a particular game only so you wouldn't have to keep changing them back when the next game needed a different controller type. You would still need to change them and save the override when ever you came across a game not supporting default controller type.

Messing with the per-game overrides was on my list of things to do.  Thank you.

Now my newest problem is the DS4 not working when connected via Bluetooth in Retroarch. It works if the "User 1 Device Index" is set to "XInput Controller (User 1)" but not if it's set to "DualShock 4 Controller." But if I have the controller plugged in via USB, then I can set it to "DualShock 4 Controller (#1)."

I'd like to be able to play wirelessly and have Retroarch use the correct button names, like "Cross" instead of "A" and "Square" instead of "X".

Is there something else I can do?