LaunchBox Community Forums

Lauchbox System names inconsistency

Mikerochip

Can the system list naming inconsistency be sorted?

I've only recently started using Launchbox, and it just looks really weird.

Some systems are called their [Company] [US System Name], and some are just called [System Name].

eg Wonderswan, where, if it was named consistently, it should be called Bandai Wonderswan,

and probably the same with the NES, Nintendo made the Nintendo Entertainment System, as well as the Super NES.

The NES obviously is up for some debate, is it the 'Nintendo Entertainment System' made by Nintendo, or is it the 'Entertainment System' made by Nintendo.

But the SNES isn't really: Nintendo made the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Shouldn't the Super NES be titled the Nintendo Super Nintendo Entertainment System?

And Acorn made the BBC Micro, not BBC.

And NEC made both the PC Engine, SuperGrafx, and the Turbo Grafx, but only 2x of them in the system list are prefixed by NEC.

Microsoft made both Windows and DOS, along with the Xbox, but DOS is just MS-DOS where Windows is just windows, but it's the XBox is the Microsoft XBox.

I don't really get the nes , snes, and ms-dos problem.  The nes IS the Nintendo entertainment system.  The snes IS the Super Nintendo entertainment system. Yeah they are made by Nintendo, but those are their names, that's what's on the box. The MS in ms-dos stands for MicroSoft if I'm not mistaken.  That's why they added the MS to it, since before it was just DOS.