LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlists Seperating roms in a console into sub-catergories

I have my console roms in their own platforms. I would like to have playlists for each that pulls from that platform into sub playlists that include home brew, prototypes, demos etc.. etc.

Sometimes I just want to see and play the home-brew, prototypes etc. and would like a list showing just those categories.

Is this possible

@Starbuck

Your request sounds like one of the features that was on the poll : Nested Folders

Basically it would let you create sub folders in an already existing platform (Example):

Super Nintendo ---> USA

----> JAPAN

---> EUROPE

---> HACKS

---> Prototype

etc.

so when you click on a platform, you would have other sub-menus available to choose from. That's how I would like it, that's how some on the bitbucket.org issue tracker wants it. Is it how Jason is going to implement it? not sure, but whatever he comes out with, I'm sure it'll please the LB fanbase :)

If I remember correctly, this wasn't the top priority on the poll list. This feature is great for anyone with a very large library, but not as much for someone with a "normal" library size.

I've been wanting a feature like that since I first started working on Hyperspin. As soon as I saw how LB was developing so fast, I switched right away. Jason came up with so many features that I didn't expect, it's always exciting when I see a new beta coming out!

Yeah, I'm one of the ones that wants every rom available for every system. I figured out how to do like Lordmonus suggested but not really the way I want to do it. I guess I'll hold tight for now and cross my fingers that's in one of the updates coming soon. Zerox9876  has it right on as to how I want to do it. Example I have over 500 homebrew for 2600 and several hundred for 7800 and 5200 alone

Edited by Starbuck