LaunchBox Community Forums

SOme Playstation 1 games will not work in big box

ManGrissle

12 minutes ago, Shinryu said:

Dont bother converting games with multiple track bin files like that. psx2psp can only merge and convert up to 5 bin files at a time and besides that, Track1.bin is the main game itself while the other bin files are just the game's music files. Either download a pre-made pbp of these games or keep them extracted in a folder like that and import the cue file only. Also rename and add (Track 1) to the last file.

Hmm, maybe that should of been explained upfront? 

Also CHD is probably the recommended format these days anyway, but we are not touching on that in this thread.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways...I just downloaded 2Xtreme and extracted and tested and its working fine. The 1st pic is what all your files should be named as and the second pic is what the cue file should say inside it. You can copy and paste this into the cue file to make things quicker:

FILE "2Xtreme (USA) (Track 1).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "2Xtreme (USA) (Track 2).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:02:00
FILE "2Xtreme (USA) (Track 3).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE "2Xtreme (USA) (Track 4).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
FILE "2Xtreme (USA) (Track 5).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
FILE "2Xtreme (USA) (Track 6).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
FILE "2Xtreme (USA) (Track 7).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
FILE "2Xtreme (USA) (Track 8).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 08 AUDIO

When you import the cue file into LB it SHOULD run perfectly now.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Edited by Shinryu

Thanks for everyones help...I feel super dumb....user error was the culprit....when I would scan was using LB....the scan would some times pick a bin file track 1 for the cue file....it does work now....all I have to do now is right click on the game thats not working and change the location of the rom to the correct cue file for each game....but now that I learned you can convert the games to a smaller single file....I just might do that....thanks again....what a great forum

1 minute ago, ManGrissle said:

Thanks for everyones help...I feel super dumb....user error was the culprit....when I would scan was using LB....the scan would some times pick a bin file track 1 for the cue file....it does work now....all I have to do now is right click on the game thats not working and change the location of the rom to the correct cue file for each game....but now that I learned you can convert the games to a smaller single file....I just might do that....thanks again....what a great forum

No problem.