LaunchBox Community Forums

SOme Playstation 1 games will not work in big box

ManGrissle

Just now, ManGrissle said:

mednafen_psx_hw_libretro and in retroarch....

Ok I'm also using that. I usually have the SKIP BIOS core option enabled cause the bios load screen takes up time. I don't see how anyone can mess up the pbp file with psx2psp as you just select the bin file you want to convert and click convert and voila done. Maybe the game you are trying to run isn't quite fully compatible with the psx core OR you have a bad/corrupted dump OR something else. what game are you trying to run and is it NTSC or PAL version?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok....I will have to look into this more when I get home....but I converted twisted metal 2 into the PBP format and the game loaded and it works...even in launchbox....now I believe perhaps some of my games are corrupt...   :(

but I will try to convert the original files when I get home....I dont have everything here

but I am curious if there are some settings in the converter that I am not doing right....so I can get rid of the idea that my games are possibly corrupt....twisted metal 2 was a  game that was not working .....was converted not touching any settings and is now working through retroarch and launchbox 

the version of all my games are NTSC

Edited by ManGrissle
missing some info....

3 minutes ago, ManGrissle said:

ok....I will have to look into this more when I get home....but I converted twisted metal 2 into the PBP format and the game loaded and it works...even in launchbox....now I believe perhaps some of my games are corrupt...   :(

but I will try to convert the original files when I get home....I dont have everything here

but I am curious if there are some settings in the converter that I am not doing right....so I can get rid of the idea that my games are possibly corrupt....twisted metal 2 was a  game that was not working .....was converted not touching any settings and is now working through retroarch and launchbox 

the version of all my games are NTSC

if the game was corrupted it would be even more so after converting to another format I would guess, the fact that it works now means unfortunately, there is some sort of user error in your import process. Did you perhaps accidently import a .bin instead of a .cue on that specific game? There is no reason why converting it would make it work, it either worked or didn't,  so the file is simply good or bad, and the fact it works now tells me its a good file.

2 minutes ago, ManGrissle said:

I did....that was the first thing I tried....in fact they games were running fine in my first setup....but I bought the premium version of BB and I was starting from scratch....maybe the file  transfers messed up along the way...

Did you let Launchbox move your files? If so it moved the .cues but not the .bins.

User error seems like a good reason....maybe I was too excited and mess something up in the process......do you think I should start over from scratch and use the youtube tutorials?

when I say got messed up....I mean the transfers from my desktop pc to my flash drive... this drive was iffy sometimes back then before I did a reformat..I would transfer videos that were present on drive but file size was 0 after moving was complete

Edited by ManGrissle
more infor for question

1 minute ago, ManGrissle said:

im going home early to work on this....gong to start from scratch and load the Playstation games frist

Yeah, as has been stated in here often, if they work in Retroarch they will work from Launchbox, there really is no difference there, Launchbox just says to Retroarch "load this". So if they work in Retroarch but don't load from Launchbox there is a disconnect there, likely a setting in Launchbox, or a file you moved during import. As @Lordmonkus said if it works in Retroarch it works in Launchbox.

Just got home and thinking again of just converting all games to PBP format cause its much neater......I was going to convert 2Xtream mabye you can point out which file to grab to convert...the first picture is what I have in my 2xtream folder

next what you see is what I can pick in the converter...

image 1.PNG

image 2.PNG

3 minutes ago, ManGrissle said:

Just got home and thinking again of just converting all games to PBP format cause its much neater......I was going to convert 2Xtream mabye you can point out which file to grab to convert...the first picture is what I have in my 2xtream folder

next what you see is what I can pick in the converter...

image 1.PNG

image 2.PNG

Dont bother converting games with multiple track bin files like that. psx2psp can only merge and convert up to 5 bin files at a time and besides that, Track1.bin is the main game itself while the other bin files are just the game's music files. Either download a pre-made pbp of these games or keep them extracted in a folder like that and import the cue file only. Also rename and add (Track 1) to the last file.

Edited by Shinryu

sounds like a good idea...ill just leave it be.....

1 minute ago, Shinryu said:

Dont bother converting games with multiple track bin files like that. psx2psp can only merge and convert up to 5 bin files at a time and besides that, Track1.bin is the main game itself while the other bin files are just the game's music files. Either download a pre-made pbp of these games or keep them extracted in a folder like that and import the cue file only.