LaunchBox Community Forums

Need help with GBA Roms

ninjapiratecat

Hello,

I downloaded Visual Boy Advance M and have .gba file roms, I also put the GBA bios in the emulator folder. When I go to import new roms via the wizard, it doesn't populate any roms and is acting like they don't exist. I set up to select the emulator and even downloaded it again from a different site and it works for my regular Game Boy games but the wizard isn't finding my GBA games. I put a couple of pictures below. Not sure what I am doing wrong. If anyone has any ideas would greatly appreciate it. I am also on the Beta version of Launchbox.

IMAGE 1.jpg

IMAGE 2.jpg

That first image looks like your roms are all in individual folders for each game. Is that correct? Launchbox imports only the files not the folders. You will need each game rom in one main folder. You can have them in their own folder but you then have to make sure each game folder is added to the list in the wizard using add folder option. 

IMAGE 1.jpg

This isn't necessarily true you can have all your games in individual folders you just have to use the Windows search feature and have it search the parent folder for the file extension for all of your games then they will all come up in a list and you can use ctrl+a to select them all. I'm not absolutely sure how that works with the importer as I usually navigate to my folder in File Explorer (Windows Explorer if your on Windows 7) perform the search and then use ctrl+a to highlight all games and then simply drag them on to LaunchBox this will initiate the importer but already a few steps in and then you just add from there as you usually would.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

This isn't necessarily true you can have all your games in individual folders you just have to use the Windows search feature and have it search the parent folder for the file extension for all of your games then they will all come up in a list and you can use ctrl+a to select them all. I'm not absolutely sure how that works with the importer as I usually navigate to my folder in File Explorer (Windows Explorer if your on Windows 7) perform the search and then use ctrl+a to highlight all games and then simply drag them on to LaunchBox this will initiate the importer but already a few steps in and then you just add from there as you usually would.

True the windows feature is another way to add multiple folders (multiple ways to skin a cat :D). I was only advising on how to with the wizard since that was the images posted. I did mention it was in the wizard in my steps for adding multiple folders. 

I was able to import my Game Boy games even though they were still in folders so I thought maybe that would work with the .gba games. I wondered if that was the issue so I tried to import one game and went into the sub folder and it still didn't come up. I will try to take some out and put it into the main folder and see if that helps. It's worth a shot. Thanks. I wasn't sure actually how to get them all out of the folders in one place without dragging them out one by one. So thanks for the tip.

On 4/7/2018 at 5:07 AM, Retro808 said:

Launchbox imports only the files not the folders. You will need each game rom in one main folder. You can have them in their own folder but you then have to make sure each game folder is added to the list in the wizard using add folder option. 

Are you sure that this is true? 

I have loaded over a dozen platforms and most of them have individual ROMS in folders, some are even categorized by folder, and just adding the top level folder has worked every time.  The only time I have used the search function is when I have some files that I do _not_ want to include (like with bin/cue).

Edited by thedevilsjester

1 hour ago, thedevilsjester said:

I have loaded over a dozen platforms and most of them have individual ROMS in folders, some are even categorized by folder, and just adding the top level folder has worked every time.  The only time I have used the search function is when I have some files that I do _not_ want to include (like with bin/cue).

It depends if you are choosing import folder, or import files in the import wizard.

2 hours ago, thedevilsjester said:

Yes I am sure. What @neil9000 said below. Thankfully Launchbox allows different ways of importing. 

51 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

It depends if you are choosing import folder, or import files in the import wizard.

• Like 1