LaunchBox Community Forums

Coming soon, Neo Geo Marquees v2.0

Mr. RetroLust

Just now, Mr. RetroLust said:

Check his posts history on this forum, the dude was spamming in other marquee threads in the past on other sites as well, he's using keywords like crazy lol

Yeah i just did, and @Lordmonkus just gave him a verbal warning, before i could do the same i will add. So @JonnyModlin cut it out right now, or i will simply stop you being able to access this forum.

Create your own thread.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for your work on this, there has always been a lack of good quality neogeo related scans out there, let alone redone artwork. So thanks a lot.

Also .... and sorry if this was answered elsewhere in the thread,etc., but have you considered doing a pack of just the mini-marquees by themselves? I know as an arcade collector it would be wonderful to have a good source for mini's to go into my actual cabinet since the originals are oftentimes cracked and faded, etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CoinopFL said:

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for your work on this, there has always been a lack of good quality neogeo related scans out there, let alone redone artwork. So thanks a lot.

Also .... and sorry if this was answered elsewhere in the thread,etc., but have you considered doing a pack of just the mini-marquees by themselves? I know as an arcade collector it would be wonderful to have a good source for mini's to go into my actual cabinet since the originals are oftentimes cracked and faded, etc.

Thanks man appreciate it :)

I did make these with the mini marquees: 

I'm not sure if I kept all the mini marquee files, i'll have a look tomorrow when i'm at the pc again.

Thanks for checking. I did a similar bulk crop with imagemagick for that set, its too bad on the hi-res versions, cause you do some great work, but these are still a lot better then some of the other versions out there on the internet.

Also in case you would like them I do have a few of the full size marquees that are still outstanding I could do a scan for you if you are interested?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoinopFL said:

Thanks for checking. I did a similar bulk crop with imagemagick for that set, its too bad on the hi-res versions, cause you do some great work, but these are still a lot better then some of the other versions out there on the internet.

Also in case you would like them I do have a few of the full size marquees that are still outstanding I could do a scan for you if you are interested?

Have you checked the launchbox game database as well? Could be I uploaded the mini marquees as I did with the other artwork I collected back then, but I don't remember if I did.

No thanks bro thats very kind of you, I use the marquees I made on my marquee monitor, no cabinet.

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2018 at 11:44 PM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Deleted v1.0, working out v2.0, what's coming, exclusive to Launchbox.

• Optimized marquees without scratched texture overlay for deeper colors and contrast
  • Cleaned up artwork
  • Exclusive Day mode / Night Mode (unlit/lit) for every marquee.
  • Further working out about 153 Neo Geo game marquees total, double that with night modes and full version marquees (lol)
  • Including exclusive official full marquee artwork for certain Neo Geo games revived/restored to Ultra HD resolution, not to be found on public internet or perhaps anywhere else for that matter (see examples below: 3 Count Bout & Double Dragon)
  • Optimized dual mini-marquee layouts for full screen 21:9 marquee monitors

Examples below in low res 1280 pixels width, original resolution 3840 pixels width.

5ad27136abf8a_newmarquees.thumb.png.fac8c7ee7136a77f42d8f5fec361bec2.png

Nice job indeed, is possible to get the raw file? I mean, the arts files before to incluide in the marquees?

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, JSmith2017 said:

Hi Mr. RetroLust, after 2 years and a little bit more, I decided to make a HD remasterization of my Neo Geo MVS wheel, your amazing work deserve the best quality and i'd like to show you how it looks in my Hyperspin.

Thanks for your awesome work!!!

Awww thanks bro, glad you like! You've done a awesome job yourself right there :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 1:13 PM, seijurou said:

hoo, ok, no prob, Actually I´m collecting Neo Geo Largee marquees, actually I own 42 but looking for all.

Would be lovely to see those on the site. Stuff that hasn't been obtainable in the past is always welcome. Cheers.

Edited by Dreamstate