LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple Users LaunchBox and BigBox.

I'm curious if a write-up exists for best way to duplicate LB? I read that It's desingned so it can't have the same process running twice :(. But that you can somehow share media.

Ideally I'd like something like how I use JoyToKey, where each computer has its own folder with "settings.ini" and a registry tells it to use that settings file, but the main exe and conf files are stored in a central shared location.

Basically I want to setup a LB instance for my roomate to use via Steam Streaming Feature, but only have to update/manage on LB instance. So when I add a game to mine, it somehow shows up in the other.

Whats my best way of attacking this?

Where to start 1st you would need 2 different builds of LB and then if you wanted to use all the same media you would have to take your 2nd instance and edit all the folder paths for each individual platform to point to the location of the 1st instance and then use some type of sync software to like your data folder for both installs. You could also do the same thing but use simlinks for your image, music, manuals and videos folders and then they would both have the same media. For the emulators and ROMs you would want to keep them outside of LB and just point both installs to the same rom and emulator paths.

I think you will need two LB folders that you will just have to rsync every so often.

I think you need two sets of emulator folders to rsync as well, so you don't have common emulator write conflicts and controller issues.

I think both LB folders could share the same media and rom folders.