LaunchBox Community Forums

Centered Listbox Selection

Grila

I've seen quite a few people request this before so I started working on it. It's not totally complete yet and I am still trying to figure a few minor things out, but here's a preview of it in action. The video has a little lag from recording, but rest assured the scrolling is butter smooth in real time. Oh, and you can set the font size in this one :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

No, it will never start in the middle. No front end I've ever used (EmulationStation, RetroFE, Attract Mode) have ever started their list in the middle. It starts at index 0, scrolls to the center, stays there until nearing index Nan, then scrolls to the bottom.

If it started in the middle, and you were at index 0, then the whole top of the list would be blank...doesn't make sense.

11 minutes ago, Grila said:

No, it will never start in the middle. No front end I've ever used (EmulationStation, RetroFE, Attract Mode) have ever started their list in the middle. It starts at index 0, scrolls to the center, stays there until nearing index Nan, then scrolls to the bottom.

If it started in the middle, and you were at index 0, then the whole top of the list would be blank...doesn't make sense.

ahk, just wondering how does the WheelGamesView coverflow start in the middle?

That's a whole different beast. The text list views, at the core, are just plain old Windows listboxes styled in a way so they don't look like plain old Windows listboxes. There's no looping behavior. The wheels and coverflows are custom coded and loop their contents endlessly. 

• Thanks 2

@Grila sup dude ! so i've been out of this for a while (life duties) but now im back on this and uhhhhhhhhh... I realized that i was trying to get one of my themes to work and seems that maybe because im missing something idk but i notice on the list of games it actually lets me scroll through the game Up,Down, Left & Right as i please... Is this a new featured that was added orrrr what ? lol