LaunchBox Community Forums

LB Retroarch Netplay issues

kiddanplay

hey boss... couple more questions. I just got this pack and im curious about a couple things 

1) Can you elaborate on the following system names? MSX? SGX? TG16? i assume PCE is PC-Engine as well? 

2)  i imported "the simpsons arcade" and in this pack there were a total of 7 different files. some ended in the following 2p, 2p2, 2p3, 2pa, 2pj,4pa I started each one and i see no difference in them at all. Is there a reason i need to keep these duplicate files or can i remove them and only keep the main simpsons file imported?  it looks like there are a couple of these in this set and i dont want to have a bloated LB with games imported that i dont need but i also dont know if those naming conventions have anything to do with the playability of the game in any way. 

Thanks man!

MSX is an older Microsift computer that was sold in Japan.

SGX is the SuperGrafx which was an upgraded TurboGrafx 16 / PC Engine and yes PCE is PC Engine.

The different Simpsons file are different "clone" roms, they are either different region or different number of players. Some arcade games had 4 player cabs and 2 player cabs. Take a game like Gauntlet or TMNT for example, in the 4 player cabinet the coin slot you put your quarter into that determined which character you played. But with the 2 player cabinet you can put your quarter in whatever slot you wanted and you can just pick which character you wanted. 2p is probably the 2 player, 2pj is probably 2 player japan, 2pa is probably 2 player asia, 4pa is probably 4 player asia, 2p2 and 2p3 I dont know what those would be

nice! thanks for the help with that ...i guess i will just have to trial and error some of these based on the playability before i remove them. Some of the other naming structures i am seeing arent as straight forward in the rom set. 

Yall have been a huge help tonight thanks for everything guys! Glad to have some amazing mods in the community!

Honestly, I would not suggest removing any files, you can very easily remove a required parent rom and break it.

Using the 2p rom example, that would would be the "clone" rom that lets you play ther 2 player variant but it requires the main simpsons.zip "parent" and if you delete that file the 2p file will not work on its own.

If you do decide you want to clean up your set and delete stuff just make sure you move it out to a temporary folder first and test the game again before emptying the temporary folder.

• 1 year later...

i am having problem to run the game with netplay?!?.. i already do the conifg. in retroarch... but the right clic on game and "retroarch netplay" does not open the game... :/ (even in client or host) :/ sometinhg in this updated lb?!

• 2 years later...