LaunchBox Community Forums

8.3-beta-2 problem

flatuswalrus

I just up upgraded to the latest 8.3-beta-2 and got the following when I tried to open Manage Emulators, then open an emulator from my list:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.3-beta-2
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void (Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm)
Source:  LaunchBox

at (EmulatorForm )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.AddCoresFromApplicationStartupPath()
   at (EmulatorForm , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.field_Changed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
   at (EmulatorForm )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.LoadValues()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.EmulatorForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recent Log:

12:19:10 PM Music.Pause Start
   12:19:10 PM Music.Prepare Start
   12:19:10 PM Music.Kill Start
   12:19:10 PM Music.Kill Finished
   12:19:10 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   12:19:10 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke
   12:24:30 PM Music.Pause Start
   12:24:30 PM Music.Prepare Start
   12:24:30 PM Music.Kill Start
   12:24:30 PM Music.Kill Finished
   12:24:30 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   12:24:30 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke
   12:25:10 PM Exception

image.thumb.png.59464c70bd6b9a79d3c7effd4bd29b9b.png

I do not know if this is directly because of the version upgrade/change or something else but I have never had it before so I would assume the upgrade/change?

Now all my Command Line Parameters have disappeared:

image.thumb.png.ee1a6943e7a6fccc370595adbe4224e1.pngI freakin' hope it ain't permanent as I had a TON in there I would have to reenter. Is there a way to either fix this or transfer back to the previous Launchbox version?

8 hours ago, DOS76 said:

yeah hopefully for the next beta that will all be ironed out

Even though I reverted back to the last stable version and it worked initially it is now not working again and now it is saying Retroarch's cores are missing and in the Manage Emulators it does not show the full command line anymore:

image.thumb.png.3b1de1849231cfd0be2fb8012a94a850.pngI know you said this is a known issue but just thought I would share in case mine were acting slightly different and if there is something wrong with it still doing this after installing a previous stable version.

Oh that is good to know I will forward that on thanks for reporting. It looks like even though you have reverted it is using the new system for managing RA. Can you go into the help section under about and verify you are back on beta 1

4 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Oh that is good to know I will forward that on thanks for reporting. It looks like even though you have reverted it is using the new system for managing RA. Can you go into the help section under about and verify you are back on beta 1

Hmm, that is weird. I installed 8.2 again and now it is back to the latest beta. I just went and unchecked the option in LaunchBox to update to betas.image.thumb.png.fe2ff8ad3d21fdb461b7a8530dffd872.pngI just deleted the two latest beta installer .exe files from the updates folder and installed 8.2 once again. Now once again it is all working fine so hopefully it will not somehow automatically revert to the latest beta after changing the options in LauchBox even though I know it does not do it automatically as it asks you if you want to install the latest beta.

This didn't work for me and all my emulators were messed up that ran via retroarch.

It had adjusted the settings and ticked "use file name only" box in the emulator details.  Unticked this and back to normal.

Edited by qupe75
Fixed