LaunchBox Community Forums

Blank space in game details box after video deleted

Retrofrogg

Was LB opened or closed when you deleted?

I just tested (with LB opened and closed) a few videos on two machines one running latest beta the other on stable and had no issues. I have had issues adding a video and getting the black box instead of the video playing, but usually closing the detail panel and reopening fixed it. 

Are you able to replicate it each time you delete a video or is it random? If you can replicate it frequently and LB is open see if it happens if it is closed. 

As I mentioned I get something similar but only when adding a video and it is very random. Maybe 1 in 20 or more tries. 

Hi @Jason,

The video is still listed there: Videos\Game & Watch\Theme\Donkey Kong.mp4

I hadn't realised that the video was listed under the "other" tab - I was wondering how to edit the videos. Your question prompted me to delete the video path, and hey presto that solved the problem! So for some reason, this hadn't happened when I deleted the video from the folder.

Thanks for your input :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Jason Carr, I've noticed another problem that might be linked.

I tried deleting a video for a game by going to edit, then the "other" tab, then deleting the "game video path" and then clicking OK. The video for the game continues to show in LB however, and when I go back to game edit, the path has re-appeared. This is in the latest beta of Launchbox Next. Any thoughts?

Edited by Dan

8 hours ago, Dan said:

@Jason Carr, I've noticed another problem that might be linked.

I tried deleting a video for a game by going to edit, then the "other" tab, then deleting the "game video path" and then clicking OK. The video for the game continues to show in LB however, and when I go back to game edit, the path has re-appeared. This is in the latest beta of Launchbox Next. Any thoughts?

Videos are automatically parsed out if they exist with the right file name in the right folder. This is so you can just copy them over and LaunchBox will automatically pick them up, so this is by design.