LaunchBox Community Forums

Error message in Big Box options screen

alnyden

Since I updated to the latest beta, I've been getting the following error message when I go to the options screen in Big Box.  At first I thought it was related to installing the new random game plugin, however, I've put everything back as it was before and am still getting this error, regardless of what theme I'm using.

Thanks!

Screenshot (6).png

22 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @alnyden, that's a strange one indeed. I haven't changed Big Box at all in any of the latest betas, so I'm doubtful that it has to do with the code in the betas. What theme are you using? Does it happen with the Default theme?

I was using City Hunter, but I re-installed it, and it didn't solve the problem.  I've tried other themes as well including the default -- same issue.  If you didn't change the code, maybe it does have something to do with the randomizer plugin from @Grila, however, he said that it shouldn't affect the options screen.   Also, I have removed the plugin, and restored any changes to the theme.

I updated to the latest beta this morn but that didn't fix it either.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

R

Now I'm getting error messages in other themes, such as this one in coverbox.  All I did was insert some code into one of the views In City Hunter and install the randomizer plugin before all these theme errors started happening.  I re-installed City Hunter and removed the plugin, but the errors have continued.

Screenshot (8).png

Hmm. I'm still lost here. I guess the next thing to try would be to back up your LaunchBox\Themes folder and then delete it completely (or just move it somewhere else). Big Box will then regenerate the Default theme when you start it up again, which will rule out any weirdness with theme code. If you're still getting it at that point, then obviously it's not theme-specific. The next thing to try is to completely get rid of any plugins to see if they're the cause.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hmm. I'm still lost here. I guess the next thing to try would be to back up your LaunchBox\Themes folder and then delete it completely (or just move it somewhere else). Big Box will then regenerate the Default theme when you start it up again, which will rule out any weirdness with theme code. If you're still getting it at that point, then obviously it's not theme-specific. The next thing to try is to completely get rid of any plugins to see if they're the cause.

I got it working!  I re-installed the Default theme and removed some plug-ins.  Not sure what did the trick but it's better now.  Thanks Jason.

• Like 1