LaunchBox Community Forums

How to skip dialogue box in Win10 games

RetroJesus

Hi guys

Some Win10 games when launched through the .exe (aplication) path require win10 confirmation to get into the game!
This also happens outside of LB.

Is there any way/tip you can give me so when I launch the game trough LB  it goes right into the game skipping confirmation dialogue box?

Thank you

one tip is go into the file properties for launchbox and big box and check run as administrator. then anything launchbox launches will just start up. As for launching the games outside of launchbox, directly from Windows there are ways but I don't know them off the top of my head.

Look you are all free to do what you want I just know that that is what I have seen the developer of the program say in other threads on this forum when people were running into issues. Use it how you want and if you don't run into problems then great if you do you will already know to turn it off.

In addition to what @DOS76 already said about affecting elevation...it is likely Explorer and Launchbox will not be running on the same level so you will lose the ability to drag and drop games into Launchbox. There are posts on this forum about the issue with running as admin. 

33 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Look you are all free to do what you want I just know that that is what I have seen the developer of the program say in other threads on this forum when people were running into issues. Use it how you want and if you don't run into problems then great if you do you will already know to turn it off.

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

In addition to what @DOS76 already said about affecting elevation...it is likely Explorer and Launchbox will not be running on the same level so you will lose the ability to drag and drop games into Launchbox. There are posts on this forum about the issue with running as admin. 

Yup, both are good reasons why we advise against running as administrator.

learn something new everyday. There goes my way of getting rid of uac prompts when launching games. Been using Windows since '93 and launchbox since it's price went from 10 to 20 dollars but didn't know that about programs with different elevation of rights.

apparently you can just turn off the prompts but uac is still active? So yeah.. I thought disabling the prompts turned uac off but apparently it just auto excepts and grants elevated rights. Just go to the Change User Account Control settings in control panel. Not the best solution but definitely easy

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Krako13 said:

Hey,

I'm sorry to come back on this question, but after two years, there is a good solution for skipping the win10 confirmation box in LB or BB without break  launchbox or change the uac settings ?

No, it's not a Launchbox issue, its part of Windows, nothing we or you can do about that other than disabling UAC which is always one of the first things i do with a new Windows install.