LaunchBox Community Forums

How To Add Music To ROM Select?

Nightshod

Hello!

Is there a method to add background music to rom select in big box mode?

For example, my MAME section is dead silent due to lack of game videos (I opted out to save HDD space) and instead I’d rather some catchy tunes playing in the background when selecting a game.

Thanks in advance 

15 hours ago, Nightshod said:

Hello!

Is there a method to add background music to rom select in big box mode?

For example, my MAME section is dead silent due to lack of game videos (I opted out to save HDD space) and instead I’d rather some catchy tunes playing in the background when selecting a game.

Thanks in advance 

Yes, background music goes in Launchbox/Music/Background/Platforms, if there is not a folder with the platform name in there just create it and drop the music file into it.

Screenshot (279).png

It should work as @neil9000 advised. I just tested, of course at first I thought it did not work, but that was due to me not removing the audio files from the root folder. 

In short what ever your mame platform is called create a folder for that name in the Launchbox/Music/Background/Platforms folder. So if it is called Arcade it would like like...

Launchbox/Music/Background/Platform/Arcade/"name of audio file".mp3

Just make sure in the Launchbox/Music/Background folder you do not have audio or it will play over all platforms as well. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 3:28 PM, vaderag said:

Is there an FAQ on adding Background Music?

I have a bunch of MP3s that I want as background music to every game select, but not to top level platform categories or playlist selections... how can i do this?

Second this!

Want general music when browsing no matter what plattform, that stops when in game. And starts random song or continues the last song from where I left off. 

4 minutes ago, John Dastardly said:

Second this!

Want general music when browsing no matter what plattform, that stops when in game. And starts random song or continues the last song from where I left off. 

This is already possible, just add music to the Launchbox/Music/background folder.

image.thumb.png.074b96bbd9c20d992e805dbc4994936e.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...