LaunchBox Community Forums

Help doing a Video remover

goyetus

Hello,  Im a 25 years old dev.

I was looking into all the launchbox files for any xml including Paths to Media  (images and video).   No luck for me.

Im trying to do a standalone app  to delete all video files from roms deleted in the system. 

My work,  will be faster if I have one xml with the routes for media,  but seems hardcoded inside the Launchbox system  (at least,  I can not find any xml with image or video path data).

Could you help me?   If there is no metadata ,  I will assume to do my app with search by exact filename and directory,  but xml will help.

Regards!!!

Thanks for  your help,  but it seems I must code the hard way.

Scan rom folder and compare 1:1 to video folder.   Regards!!!

I dont understand why this function is not available in Launchbox,  you have all code from "remove images" ,  that is a little more complex than deleting only 1 or 2 videos per rom.

Regards

Edited by goyetus

On 8/6/2018 at 8:47 PM, goyetus said:

Thanks for  your help,  but it seems I must code the hard way.

Scan rom folder and compare 1:1 to video folder.   Regards!!!

I dont understand why this function is not available in Launchbox,  you have all code from "remove images" ,  that is a little more complex than deleting only 1 or 2 videos per rom.

Regards

Don't know if it could help you guys but the way I remove or I should rather say 'keep' the video files from a platform is by dragging all videos in the location where the rom files are stored, this way I can easily see which ones to delete as the names of the rom files are identical to the names of the videos, at least that is the way I set it up. 

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Don't know if it could help you guys but the way I remove or I should rather say 'keep' the video files from a platform is by dragging all videos in the location where the rom files are stored, this way I can easily see which ones to delete as the names of the rom files are identical to the names of the videos, at least that is the way I set it up. 

Most of my video's are named after the title of the game. But for me its not about removing video's. Im trying to work on a pause menu script of sorts with @bbweiners. I was thinking of using a plugin that could pass stuff like image and video paths to the script maybe using clipboard or something.  @Mr. RetroLust, you create themes so you obviously know what your doing. Is it my poor c# skills the reason why selectedGame.VideoPath doesnt return anything? doesn't make sense to me why it is referenced in the api but unusable unless Im using it wrong.

2 hours ago, jayjay said:

Most of my video's are named after the title of the game. But for me its not about removing video's. Im trying to work on a pause menu script of sorts with @bbweiners. I was thinking of using a plugin that could pass stuff like image and video paths to the script maybe using clipboard or something.  @Mr. RetroLust, you create themes so you obviously know what your doing. Is it my poor c# skills the reason why selectedGame.VideoPath doesnt return anything? doesn't make sense to me why it is referenced in the api but unusable unless Im using it wrong.

I did make a theme based on someone else his theme but to be honest I don't know everything about it still, but I learned a lot. Below I paste some out of the documentation that comes in the default theme folder, these are the possible codes to display video's as far as I know. You mind want to ask around in the thread "XAML tips & tricks" <called something like that, thats where the real experts are. Good luck bro!

SelectedPlatform vs. ActivePlatform
Please note that with the below properties, anywhere SelectedPlatform is used, ActivePlatform can be used
instead. ActivePlatform will wait for the selection to be completely updated before updating, while
SelectedPlatform will update immediately upon selecting a new platform.

ImageVideoTransitionSelector
<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true"/>

BackgroundView
The view to use for the background; will return a view of type BackgroundView or ImageVideoView
<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}"
Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}"
Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" IsContentVideo="true" />

24 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

PS I am not sure but you also have to include those user control headers "xmlns" to make stuff work but you probably know more about this than I.

Lol. I doubt that. Wpf makes my head hurt. We are using ahk, not as powerful, but is simpler to use... I like simpler. 

Im only trying to create a simple plugin that passes the video path to an ahk script so I dont think I should have to deal with the theme element and wpf as the video path is under the game menu item. But then I dont really know enough so who knows. As your suggestion I'll ask over at the xaml thread. Thanks for your time@Mr. RetroLust.

• Like 1