LaunchBox Community Forums
Turnspit

Images missing for some platforms

Hopefully bumping this thread is the right approach, but... "NEC TurboGrafx-16" platform media is never populating. I've confirmed in multiple BigBox themes, including the default, and before and after the most recent LB version upgrade.

All games populate with multiple media elements, it is just the Platform itself. I've reset platform and all image cache and confirmed that the directory and Scrape As is the default for this Platform. I'll manually add a logo at this point, but felt the need to share.

It may or may not be relevant, but there are no images here for the platform either:

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/platforms/images/54

Posted (edited)

I confirm the same issue, for these (newly added) platforms under LaunchBox 9.7:

• ColecoVision
  • Commodore Amiga
  • Mattel Intellivision
  • NEC TurboGrafx-16
  • NEC TurboGrafx-CD

These platforms (sub)folders are created automatically under LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\ but remain empty.  I had to add Banner and Clear Logo images manually and refresh Whell images in BigBox Options.  Other platforms scraped appeared automatically just fine so far.

Glad I found The Image Thread on this forum, it saved me alot of time to find suitable images.

Edited by Bitstorm
fixed typo in platform name and corrected bad statement.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bitstorm said:

I confirm the same issue, for these (newly added) platforms under LaunchBox 9.7:

• ColecoVision
  • Commodore Amiga
  • Mattel Intellivision
  • NEC TurboGrafx-16
  • NEC-TurboGrafx-CD

These platforms (sub)folders are created automatically under LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\ but remain empty.  I had to add Banner and Clear Logo images manually and refresh Whell images in BigBox Options.  Other platforms scraped automatically just fine so far.

Glad I found The Image Thread on this forum, it saved me alot of time to find suitable images.

Platform clear logos and banners are NOT scraped when importing a platform, they are included in the .exe for launchbox, and are added to the folders when a platform is created. However if your naming does not exactly match what the images are named as then they wont be moved to the respective folders. Also not every single platform has images included in the .exe, the most popular/used are there but its not a exhaustive list of every platform ever made, so you will often have to source images your self from either the specific download section we have just for them, or via google.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Platform clear logos and banners are NOT scraped when importing a platform, they are included in the .exe for launchbox, and are added to the folders when a platform is created. However if your naming does not exactly match what the images are named as then they wont be moved to the respective folders. Also not every single platform has images included in the .exe, the most popular/used are there but its not a exhaustive list of every platform ever made, so you will often have to source images your self from either the specific download section we have just for them, or via google.

Thanks for your (quick!) reply.

I understand not every single system that existed will be supported by default (and I can't contribute to fix it as it's not pulled from the LaunchBox Game Database), but the platforms I mentionned are pretty common, and I paid attention to name them exactly as the default list of platform names (except "NEC-TurboGrafx-CD" which was a typo when creating my previous post).  I was especially expecting "NEC TurboGrafx-16" to work like shown in your August 17, 2018 post on this thread, unless you added these images manually yourself at this time and meant "See, it works with default theme if you configure it properly" instead of "See, these images appeared automatically in Default theme on my setup" like I thought.

I just did a new test: fresh LaunchBox 9.7 reinstall on a clean VM:

I created a platform named "NEC TurboGrafx-16" (default platform name), and scraped some roms.
The "LaunchBox\Images\" folder has no "Platforms" subfolder at all (like you said, these images are not added during scraping).
The first time I switch to Big Box, then the "LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\NEC TurboGrafx-16" and subfolders are created, but empty.

Is there a list of which platform images are included in the .exe (and their exact names) so I could at least figure out if these are not included, or if it's a copy issue that should be reported?