LaunchBox Community Forums

Images missing for some platforms

Turnspit

Cheers!

So yesterday I finally finished setting up LaunchBox and BigBox including custom themes, when I noticed that for some platforms there were no images whatsoever provided - how is this possible / could be overseen when we're already at version 8.5?!

I'm speaking of:

Neo Geo CD

TurboGrafx 16

TurboGrafx CD

is there some way to submit such images to be included in the main release?

What images are you speaking of specifically ? Games or theme related images ?

Either way not images are included with the Launchbox installation, they are either a part of a theme or downloaded for the games using the scraper.

NeoGeo CD
https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/platforms/games/167

TurboGrafx 16
https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/platforms/games/54

TurboGrafx CD
https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/platforms/games/163

• Thanks 1

I mean the images for the platforms themselves, not their games - Clear Logo, Banner, ... for like the N64, Snes, .... themselves.

From what I've seen, those images are not included by the Themes I've used (Default, Switch, StationEmulation), but they rather use all the same images from the /Images/Platforms/ folder in Launchbox itself. And in there, while the platform images for like Gamecube, Windows, SNES, ... are provided, those platforms I've mentioned have no images provided whatsoever.

I've created some images for these platforms myself and placed them in that folder for use with all themes, but it riddled me that those aren't provided by Launchbox itself.

9 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I think maybe for all three of those you have to include the SNK and NEC name with the appropriate system names or at least scrape as those.

Yeah i have mine named as NEC........ and i have logos for them.

Thats the downside of the default logos being part of the program, if you have the platform named differently they wont match.

Well, I didn't name any of those platforms I'm using manually, I just selected them from the list when scraping - so it shouldn't be possible to have some kind of spelling errors there.

On top of that, SNK and NEC are included, names are correct everywhere.

1 minute ago, Turnspit said:

Well, I didn't name any of those platforms I'm using manually, I just selected them from the list when scraping - so it shouldn't be possible to have some kind of spelling errors there.

On top of that, SNK and NEC are included, names are correct everywhere.

What theme are you using?

2 minutes ago, Turnspit said:

Tried the default one, switch andStationEmulation.

But as I said, those Clear Logos being used / missing are provided by LB, not the themes themselves.

Right, so let me go and switch to the default theme and see if they show for me, 2 secs. turbografx-16 right? i dont have either of the other 2 platforms so that will have to do.

Hm, so this is strange... But since I never named these platforms anywhere and just picked them from a predefined list, how, could there be anything wrong/missing?

EDIT:

What about the GCE Vectrex in your list? This is not a Clear Logo, but just a plain text-substitute! And that's exactly how it looked for me with the mentioned platforms.

Edited by Turnspit

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue,, no logo but a white font, for my gamecube and PlayStation plateform in BigBox. 

The path to the logos are good but the clear logo folders are empty. 

Is there a way to retry to download them ? And any ideas why they where'nt downloaded ? 

Thank you very much for your help 

I just added psp and i have the same result. In BigBox, instead of having the logo in the wheel I have a white font. 

I forgot to mention that I'm using the stock theme and my pc is brand new, fresh Windows 10 install, dedicated to Launchbox 

• 2 months later...

I am missing all images for Neo Geo MVS and cleared a lot of junk manually before import. Normally, only a batch wouldn't scrape due to the name being incorrect, etc, and I would simply change them but in this case a delete and import is a pain in the butt. What would you recommend for a rescrape?  I was thinking to delete the unwanted games from the folder itself so it never gets added in the first place.

1 minute ago, Drakkorcia said:

I am missing all images for Neo Geo MVS and cleared a lot of junk manually before import. Normally, only a batch wouldn't scrape due to the name being incorrect, etc, and I would simply change them but in this case a delete and import is a pain in the butt. What would you recommend for a rescrape?  I was thinking to delete the unwanted games from the folder itself so it never gets added in the first place.

You should just set the "scrape as" to arcade under Tools/Manage Platforms/Name of Platform.

1 minute ago, Drakkorcia said:

Thanks. Do I need to delete and reimport or can I rescrape the existing imported games? I tried the rescrape under the main menu that Lordmonkus has mentioned but it started rescraping the entire collection.

No need to re-import, just change the "scrape as" to Arcade in the section i mentioned, then click on that platform in the sidebar, click on a game then CTRL A to highlite all the games in the platform, then Tools/Update metadata/images, and it will just scrape the selected games.

Whoops. I'm dumb to forget CTRL A before using the rescrape under the tools menu. Thank you Neil. But alas, the MVS scrapes no images. When I did this collection as AES it scraped most of them. However, there are several exclusive MVS titles in here. Wierd. Back to the drawing board.