LaunchBox Community Forums

Button Presses Not Recognized in LaunchBox Input Settings

japespin

For some reason Launchbox does not recognize my controller button presses in Options>Input>Gamepad/Joystick section.

The controller works fine in any of the emulators, but for some reason it doesn't work here. For example:

1. Launch Launchbox.

2. Go to Tools>Options.

3.In the Options window, navigate to INPUT, and click on Gamepad/Joystick.

4. Enable the "Enable Gamepad/Joystick Input" checkbox.

5. Under Choose a device, "Input, Xbox 360/Xbox One" shows up.

6. Now under INPUT, click on Buttons.

7. Click on any of the functions to try to assign a button. For example, click on Zoom In.

8.When you do this, the "(None)" label changes to "Press Button".

9. Try pressing a button on your controller.

RESULT: Nothing happens. Launchbox is not recognizing any of my button presses in this screen.

NOTE: This only occurs in this screen. When playing games in emulators, the controller works fine. When navigating the menus in Big Box, the controller works fine. It's only in this Options screen that I cannot get my button presses to be recognized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm unable to program automation to "Close active window" because of this. Thanks!

2 hours ago, DOS76 said:

have you set up the buttons in both LB and BB they both have their own separate config sections for buttons

I haven't even start on BB yet. I'm just trying to get the buttons to work in LB's Options window first, before I move on to BB.

6 hours ago, japespin said:

NOTE: This only occurs in this screen. When playing games in emulators, the controller works fine. When navigating the menus in Big Box, the controller works fine. It's only in this Options screen that I cannot get my button presses to be recognized.

Ah okay I wasn't sure as you mention Bigbox here in your other post.

I’m also having something kind of similar. I’m ruining BigBox 8.5 and have noticed sometimes the back button doesn’t work and as a result I am stuck in the game launcher screen. I still have control of the joystick but when I click to back out of the screen it makes the sound effect and looks like it’s about to go back to the platform screen but doesn’t preform it.

I’m using a Tankstick as well. So, its setup through keyboard on BigBox. Also, when I exit from BigBox and open BigBox again, the issue is resolved. It seems to only happen when I enter a game and go into view manuals or pictures on the game and then exit it will sometimes happen then. After this I can’t exit from the game to go back to the full platform game list.

This did happen while using Launchbox and has happened since I have started using Launchbox.Next as well. Again, this is only when in Bigbox and havent seen any issues while using Launchbox or Launchbox.Next.

I believe I have this fixed for the next beta. Let me know if you're still seeing this @japespin after 8.6-beta-1 comes out later today.

7 hours ago, RoryBreaker7000 said:

I’m also having something kind of similar. I’m ruining BigBox 8.5 and have noticed sometimes the back button doesn’t work and as a result I am stuck in the game launcher screen. I still have control of the joystick but when I click to back out of the screen it makes the sound effect and looks like it’s about to go back to the platform screen but doesn’t preform it.

I’m using a Tankstick as well. So, its setup through keyboard on BigBox. Also, when I exit from BigBox and open BigBox again, the issue is resolved. It seems to only happen when I enter a game and go into view manuals or pictures on the game and then exit it will sometimes happen then. After this I can’t exit from the game to go back to the full platform game list.

This did happen while using Launchbox and has happened since I have started using Launchbox.Next as well. Again, this is only when in Bigbox and havent seen any issues while using Launchbox or Launchbox.Next.

This is definitely unrelated to the issue described in this thread. I will take a look at it though.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:17 AM, Jason Carr said:

I believe I have this fixed for the next beta. Let me know if you're still seeing this @japespin after 8.6-beta-1 comes out later today.

This is definitely unrelated to the issue described in this thread. I will take a look at it though.

Thanks @Jason Carr. I'll give that beta a run this week and let you know how I do. And yes, btw this is with Launchbox Next. Thanks again.

• 3 years later...

I have the same issue with the latest update of Launchbox, 11.8.  I am trying to set my arcade buttons up for exiting a MAME game and when I go into Launchbox settings, Launchbox does not recognize any of my buttons on my arcade.  My button inputs are recognized when playing a game and even when moving in and out of wheels on Bigbox but I cannot setup exiting out of a MAME game and back to Launchbox or BigBox because the buttons are not recognized.