LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about the way LaunchBox link games with pictures...

Hi, i'm developing a external third-party application in c#. It pack game selected from the database of LaunchBox in a zip with music, video, etc...
It make an info.xml to keep a trace of informations scrapped about the game (i'm French so i change some parts, and want to keep my own informations about the game).

I've Almost done (but i take a pause to go swimming :D)

Currently there is just something missing, because i would some answers before, about pictures... Is there some informations somewhere else than in the relative xml  to the platform ? Or is there an algorithm in LaunchBox, examining name of the pictures  ? Perhaps a naming codification... ? The id in the xmlfile perhaps ?

Thx for all informations you could give me.

Best regards.

Ps: hope to release an alpha tomorrow.

Hi Axenn, the pictures are named by the title of the game. However, the file path of the game can also be used, and there is some rough matching in place as well. You could always use a LaunchBox plugin in order to use LaunchBox's own algorithms. Documentation is here: http://pluginapi.launchbox-app.com/html/4cf923f7-940c-5735-83de-04107a6ae0e6.htm

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the informations, i will take a look at the documentation. It made a bit more time than i thought... i wanted to add a better messagebox, than the one by default and add a log to quiet the most paranoiac users... like me ^^. Specially in alpha mode i talked to myself it was better to keep a hand under the process.

It seems clear with your explications in all case.

Sincerily.

ps: Sorry to have take so long time to answer.

Edited by Axenn

Thanks, Zombeaver, i will see that that later.

I would to ask a different question i'm not sure if i must to post  a new thread or not. I made the most of what i want with for the  third-party application i made, i chained with a new project, a plugin, but i have a big problem, the plugin is added on classic launchbox but not at all on "launchbox.next".

I would to know also what are the conditions to post in the download section. Time in beta ? number of beta testers ?

thx

Edited by Axenn

4 hours ago, Axenn said:

Thanks, Zombeaver, i will see that that later.

I would to ask a different question i'm not sure if i must to post  a new thread or not. I made the most of what i want with for the  third-party application i made, i chained with a new project, a plugin, but i have a big problem, the plugin is added on classic launchbox but not at all on "launchbox.next".

I would to know also what are the conditions to post in the download section. Time in beta ? number of beta testers ?

thx

@Axenn I think we actually might have a bug in .Next that I need to resolve with the plugins (they're not showing up in at least one specific spot). This should be resolved soon. Feel free to add your work to the Downloads section at any time, assuming it's not harmful or anything like that. If it's potentially buggy though, it'd probably be best to let folks know that in the download thread. :)

Thx Jason, i've not the habit to publish my work ( i'm not a developer but a engineer in electrotechnic ), however i've the habit to be very meticulous, i will test just one thing to be sure about PackMyGame... and pass the app in beta then publish. I'm reassured for the plugin.
Thx for your welcome.

Edited by Axenn
  • Like 1