LaunchBox Community Forums

Golden box advanced dungeons & dragons games moderation

Klopjero

Hi, 

Upon moderating the entries I stumbled upon a series of name change requests that I don't agree with.

The game titles are being submitted with AD&D in front of them.

I think keeping the actual titles is a better idea and the AD&D should be submitted as an alternative title.  

And if you want to be purist about it, I'd say you call them Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, a forgotten realms fantasy roleplaying game epic vol. I : Pool of radiance instead of just pasting AD&D in front of them..

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

Anyone who puts AD&D in front of those titles should be whipped, anyone who's approved those titles should be whipped harder..

The Advanced Dungeons & Dragons part should really be added as a series, it's definitely not part of the name, although for whatever reason, even though there's a series field in Launchbox it just seems to be pre-populated with not many series at all to be honest and there's sadly no series field on the online database.

• Like 1

While I understand your frustration with naming some of these games were referred to as that name back in the day.  

Example: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Dragons of Flame https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/990

Also shouldn't games in the database be the literal title on the front of the box? Sometimes that means the title doesn't "feel" right, but for prosperity this seems the most logical.  Or am I understanding wrong and you are referring to a shortening of "AD&D" rather then "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons"?

Thoughts?

Edited by Gaming.Zone

Yeah back in the 1980's they were really bad at naming things ?

I'd like to add that it probably doesn't matter as much what the Game DB has in it as long as it is easy for an end user to find that game.  The user can always name there launchbox title for that game whatever they want anyways.  

Edited by Gaming.Zone