LaunchBox Community Forums

Is RocketLauncher still relevant?

Dexll

7 hours ago, vgbox said:

@damageinc86

Can RL give smooth transition between pause menu exit game and a "Game Over" screen 

Yeah, i'm pretty sure there is a fade back to the game from the pause menu.  There is also a fade back from regular gameplay to frontend.  That one is part of the overall fade-in and fade-out settings.  If you want it to say game over on-screen, they have a default image, or you can just put any game over image into a folder and it will use that (per-system too iirc).  I just use black, because I got tired of seeing "game over" when I know it's game over lol.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/26/2018 at 6:50 PM, Dexll said:

Would love to know your thoughts.  I am considering cutting it from my build.  Both MAME and Retroarch (my two main emulators) both support overlays/bezels.  The loading screen is kinda nice feature, but is it worth the trouble?  How many of you use the other pause features of RocketLauncher?

Still is in 2024 if you use lots of scripts with ahk...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, t824601 said:

Still is in 2024 if you use lots of scripts with ahk...

I have Fades, Pause/savestates, and joy2key keymapping per platform or per game all still running through RL to this day.  I only have Launchbox's startup screen for teknoparrot I think.  I still think Launchbox should try to strike up a deal with RL programmers to just inject/incorporate whatever code they have, to do what RL does but within Launchbox.  Maybe they are really closed off, and have already denied any collaboration, who knows.  But to me, that would be the ideal merging of the best front-end, with the best external launcher.

2 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

I only have Launchbox's startup screen for teknoparrot I think.

That's interesting.

I still use RL mostly just for Teknoparrot for it's loading screens. Some Teknoparrot games take so long to start (Mario, Buck Hunter, etc) , so the having support for actively waiting for the game window over just timed start up screens is perfect. Of course if LB added startup screen longer than 30 seconds and it wouldn't be needed.

5 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

That's interesting.

I still use RL mostly just for Teknoparrot for it's loading screens. Some Teknoparrot games take so long to start (Mario, Buck Hunter, etc) , so the having support for actively waiting for the game window over just timed start up screens is perfect. Of course if LB added startup screen longer than 30 seconds and it wouldn't be needed.

Yeah for some reason RL wouldn't start most of my teknoparrot stuff.  Found the module on the forums, but it couldn't see the window.  I'd love to get it going through there so it could have the better timing settings.